• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

RES 8 in VR

Williamwow123

Reactions
This is not about VaM but I wanted to share that I got Res 8 The Village to work in "VR" it dose not have the life like depth that VaM has but it still looks like VR you just can't lean in for a close up of Lady D or you get that "chasing the rainbow" feeling (no matter how close you get the gold is still out of reach lol) I bought a program called VorpX for $40 after watching a youtube video about it is not perfect you will need to fiddle with settings and get a FOV mod to help with the claustrophobia feeling, also I haven't got the VR controllers to work I'm using the mouse and keyboard and will try out a PS4 controller later. This also works with Res 7 I am going to leave 8 alone for now and beat 7. You can also mod Lady D to look.. better? ok fishnets or nude 😍the mod is $5 but they have some free ones on Nexus. I hope some Res 8 fans see this and try it out, when I found Lady D I must have let her kill me 20 times over just to spend time with her lol
(vid of some guy shoing off VorpX) (5839) MIND BLOWING! - RESIDENT EVIL 8 in VR + VORPX GIVEAWAY! // Oculus Rift S // RTX 2070 Super - YouTube
Homepage - vorpX - VR 3D-Driver for Oculus Quest, Rift, Valve Index and other PCVR headsets
MangakaDenizGaming is creating Video Game Mods | Patreon
Mods at Resident Evil Village Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)
1621411989431.png

1621412003499.png

How do you find VorpX?
I bought it and was very disappointed with the results. I tried it in Cyberpunk2077 and found the perspective looked very wrong but mostly the 3D was broken. It seems to do fake cardboard cutout 3D a bit in some places and just not bother in most.
I was thinking it would switch the game into 3D rendering but it doesn't !
Not impressed at all.

The DRM thing for this game was ridiculous.
Capcom didn't even apologize.

2 months it sat in that state.

This is not about VaM but I wanted to share that I got Res 8 The Village to work in "VR" it dose not have the life like depth that VaM has but it still looks like VR you just can't lean in for a close up of Lady D or you get that "chasing the rainbow" feeling (no matter how close you get the gold is still out of reach lol) I bought a program called VorpX for $40 after watching a youtube video about it is not perfect you will need to fiddle with settings and get a FOV mod to help with the claustrophobia feeling, also I haven't got the VR controllers to work I'm using the mouse and keyboard and will try out a PS4 controller later. This also works with Res 7 I am going to leave 8 alone for now and beat 7. You can also mod Lady D to look.. better? ok fishnets or nude 😍the mod is $5 but they have some free ones on Nexus. I hope some Res 8 fans see this and try it out, when I found Lady D I must have let her kill me 20 times over just to spend time with her lol
(vid of some guy shoing off VorpX) (5839) MIND BLOWING! - RESIDENT EVIL 8 in VR + VORPX GIVEAWAY! // Oculus Rift S // RTX 2070 Super - YouTube
Homepage - vorpX - VR 3D-Driver for Oculus Quest, Rift, Valve Index and other PCVR headsets
MangakaDenizGaming is creating Video Game Mods | Patreon
Mods at Resident Evil Village Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

I do love Resident Evil but i don't find Resident Evil 8 interesting enough to be played in VR. I also don't find Resident Evil 8 scary, it looks like Capcom aimed for a bigger audience. I'm also very dissapointed in the fact that we didn't saw much from Dimitrescu and her daughters. Easy to beat and story wise to fast. I prepared myself mentally to be chased by female vampires that scream at me how they want to suck me dry and taste my blood. But i already killed the first daughter in a half hour of gameplay or something. I thought they would hunt me down the entire game. The game also has the most lamest boss fights, especially Donna Beneviento and Angie, probarly the most easiest boss fight in gaming history.

The atmosphere, the boss designs (except the baby), graphics and locations (except factory) are top notch. But the gameplay itself is just méh. Everything went to fast, i wanted to see way more from the daughters and Donna Beneviento with Angie. It was all to short. It isn't a bad game, but not what i would have expected.

Resident Evil 7 in VR? Oh hell yes....

How do you find VorpX?
I bought it and was very disappointed with the results. I tried it in Cyberpunk2077 and found the perspective looked very wrong but mostly the 3D was broken. It seems to do fake cardboard cutout 3D a bit in some places and just not bother in most.
I was thinking it would switch the game into 3D rendering but it doesn't !
Not impressed at all.

To be honest, if the game isn't made for VR or doens't support VR, then i wouldn't bother playing it in VR. With or without VorpX or MotherVR. There are only a handful of games that works really well like Alien:Isolation with MotherVR but that's about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom