Question Removing clothing

garibaldi18

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a few questions about how clothing and undressing works. I've looked around for answers but can't get clear ones, so here are my questions:

1) What does SIM Enabled do? I understand that the clothes seem to come off on their own. If the model is walking, they come off more quickly. What is a SIM? Is that the model?

2) Is SIM enabled affected by the undress threshold? I can't tell if this affects it at all.

3) Do the "SIM enabled" and "Undress" buttons interact at all? IOW, does checking them both make a difference as compared to just checking "Undress". I'm not sure how they affect each other, if at all.

Thanks for any info.

You can have clothes that are not phsics enabled and are "solid". They do not move in any way. If the creator of other clothes has enabled "cloth simulation", they can move, you can grab them, and you can undress them. You can switch this behavior on and off. That is the "Sim enable" button. Without "Sim clothing" there is no undressing, they affect each other in this way. With "undressing" enabled, the clothes have lost their "adhesion" to defined "fixation points". If you alter the "undressing threshold", the remaining "adhesion" gets more or less strong. With disabled "undressing" the clothes will move a bit, but more or less stay where they are.

Upvote 0
Non of my VAM clothings i have any SIM .
Since if i checkbox SIM Only non appears.

So where can we find SIM Supported Pants / Underwear / Lingerie ?

:)

Upvote 0
Non of my VAM clothings i have any SIM .
Since if i checkbox SIM Only non appears.

So where can we find SIM Supported Pants / Underwear / Lingerie ?

:)
Here in the hub you should find a lot of them. Although a fresh VAM install would already have some Sim clothes from MeshedVR at least, unless you've hidden them,

Upvote 0
Although a fresh VAM install would already have some Sim clothes from MeshedVR at least
Yeap, there are few builtin clothings with physics.
Old ones have little cogwheel icon on thumbnail, also you can check "Sim Only" to filter it.
Then "customize" equiped clothing make sure is "Sim Enabled".
simClothing1.jpg

simClothing2.jpg
Keep in mind some custom clothings still have "Sim" tag, but not actual support.

Upvote 0
Thx so much both of you :)

I reset VAM and then appeared.
I have been trying Male Characters Settings today
So something must have messed it up my VAM.

Thx for the Workflow with the SIM Menu and Undress Function :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You should know that there is no sim clothing for males. The male models don't have the proper colliders for them.

Upvote 0
Yeap, there are few builtin clothings with physics.
Old ones have little cogwheel icon on thumbnail, also you can check "Sim Only" to filter it.
Then "customize" equiped clothing make sure is "Sim Enabled".
Keep in mind some custom clothings still have "Sim" tag, but not actual support.

The Clothing tab doesn't have "Sim Only" as an option in my installation. Is it gone? Is it still possible to distinguish sim from non-sim clothing somehow?

Upvote 0
The Clothing tab doesn't have "Sim Only" as an option in my installation. Is it gone? Is it still possible to distinguish sim from non-sim clothing somehow?
Everything is still there... little bit less obvious (use new Show menu).
VaM 1.21+ changed clothing and hair menus to less productive dropdown menu.
sim.jpg

Instead of old no brainer "active only" single click, now you have to click 3 times and think about it.
1. click menu
2. think about it/read
3. click option
4. click menu again to close it
5. repeat when you wanna uncheck option... o_O

Every time you wanna cycle toggle (previously 2 clicks) is now 6 clicks process, and if you have a habit of actually using "active only" option... well... good luck...
This is the only change still keeping me on v1.20 client, I simply can't get used tho this extra 4 clicks change, for no reason.

Thank good we have that "latest only" and "show legacy" checkmarks, something that people use more often than "show active". :cautious:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was a fair bit of discussion about this during testing. The fact is that there's a lot of functionality ( a lot new in 1.21) that had to fit in a limited amount of real estate. I pushed for "active only" to remain a checkbox, but then something else would need to go. In the end Meshed won me over with his logic.

So while you may not like it, it was a decision that was given a lot of thought.

That's the way it usually goes when I suggest an "improvement". It turns out Meshed has put waaay more thought into it than i ever did, and has a long list of very good reasons I'd never thought of (and many of which are too technical for me to even understand) why he decided to do it the way he did. Then i feel silly.

It's amazing, really. There's depths to this game even the experts aren't aware of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was a fair bit of discussion about this during testing. The fact is that there's a lot of functionality ( a lot new in 1.21) that had to fit in a limited amount of real estate. I pushed for "active only" to remain a checkbox, but then something else would need to go. In the end Meshed won me over with his logic.

So while you may not like it, it was a decision that was given a lot of thought.
I'm fine with it, personally. I just didn't know where it was.

Edit: Ah, I didn't see the mini rant from @RandomVAMUser. Good points.

Upvote 0
I pushed for "active only" to remain a checkbox, but then something else would need to go.
I can understand that space was limiting factor, but if that's the case than what about "latest only" checkbox?
Is it really used more often than any other option on new dropdown, to justify remaining as checkbox? 🤔

How about reducing pages down to 10 for extra button, there is scroll bar we don't need 15 pages.
It was already reduced to fit refresh/rescan buttons... so what is another 5 pages? 🤷‍♂️

I doesn't matter, it is what it is... but since most VaM dropdown menus are "broken" by design with no auto-close after select.
Maybe different "active" background color instead of same white, make it more obvious at glance.

Upvote 0
what if I do not have SIM menu, any undress button and when i'm click to cloth i'm selected only person control meny (IHandControl, rArmControl)?
Maybe i'm not install plugin?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom