Receiver and Receiver Target for "move Atom to X,Y,Z"?

void

Reactions
I put a button into a scene and want it to a) reset the pose and b) reset the location, i.e. zero all vectors and rotation. What receiver does this? I don't find anything approbiate on the Atom.

The full proof way is to simply create a pose preset with root control in 0,0,0.
If you prefer not to, then PosePresets > Load (user) Defaults will reset to that pose. I don't know how to move it to origin with triggers.

Yeah, I forgot to tag "include root node in pose" to get the Atom moved to the pose's position.

I noticed another problem: While this works well with Atoms, it doesn't work with CUA, as they got no pose. And I don't find any entry to do anything else than a "reset", which puts it to 0,0,0 but I want it to x,y,z.

AFAIK, there's no option available to do what you want.
I don't understand your need to do that though.

Sometimes a simple sphere (to play around with like a bouning ball) drops down the floor into the...void. With a single button press I want to get it back to above the floor, but when I trigger "Reset" it moves to 0,0,0 (and in zero height it interferes with the floor and got locked to it once Physics / Collision is turned on). But that's not where I put it before in the scenery, it was at x,y,z.

So it is not possible to move any object other than Atom / Person (and this only with saved pose) to a defined position?

Not in a simple way, only in more complex ways like Timeline, Animation Patterns, etc.
Why don't you increase the size of the floor to prevent the sphere from falling to the void?

It's a whole environment and I haven't figured out where the "hole" is.
Thanks for your help.

It's a whole environment and I haven't figured out where the "hole" is.
Thanks for your help.
VaM doesn't do sweep physics, because that is super expensive. So instead of actually "moving" an object, VaM just checks for collision at each frame. At a low framerate a fast moving object could just happen to be just before hitting the floor and the next frame already through. Then no collision is registered and your object just appears to fall through the floor.

This will especially happen when physics frames are skipped because your machine is too slow. If you run at low graphics framerate, make sure to set Physics CAP to 3. Don't use a Physics Rate higher than your minimum (not average) graphics framerate multiplied with "Physics CAP".
However, if your machine is fast enough so that physics frames aren't skipped, setting a higher Physics Rate may help with your issue.

You could also try the high quality physics setting, but I don't think it helps in this case as it solves other problems. You rather want a higher physics rate.

Back
Top Bottom