Realtime LipSync issue that only seems to affect me. I cannot figure out what might be causing it.

jumpy2222

Reactions
Its a weird one. I have sent the details to AdamAnt via messages here a bit back, but I suspect its holiday season.
So... what happens is that any scene that has atoms using RT_LipSync start acting in weird ways.
If the plugin is enabled on a person, the moment you would expect the lips to start moving, all animations for that person stops. Except hair (and in one scene, just the heels of the shoes)

If you have edit mode on, and have a scene that for example has the person walking around, you can see the stick figure lines of the animation objects actually walk out of the now-frozen person, and if any of that animation comes into contact with the frozen persons hair, you can see it move out of the way like its been touched by an invisible person.
Once this happens you need to restart VAM to get everything working again.

Because this plugin is so popular to use in scenes, I am hitting this issue a lot. I have completely removed VAM and redownloaded via the updater, added just one scene and RT_Lipsync, and it still happens. I have updated my drivers, reset all Nvidia tweaks back to default, I have tried everything I can think of.
I know its just me, since otherwise it would already be up here, or reddit etc as an issue.
I am happy to troubleshoot it until I find the cause, but I have hit a few issues like not knowing how to enable any kind of additional logging in VAM so I can get an idea on what might be getting in the way of it working on my system. Any ideas of things to check or set would be greatly appreciated.
Yes I can delete all the plugin files for RT_Lipsync out of VAM and it will start working again after an application restart, but I would really prefer to figure this out so I can use the plugin, and also make sure I prevent whatever it is from affecting future plugins I might add.

Thanks in advance.

Had the same issue! here is a fix from https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/realtime-lipsync.1569/page-2

RT_LipSync uses/references the morph PHMMouthOpen. I deleted it from the local folder /Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female. Now all my affected scenes work again and the mouth moves when speaking. I have not noticed any other problems. All of my affected scenes work again after this manipulation, including Dirty Santa.
For performance optimization I have all multiple used morphs flat in the local folder, so several thousand.
I recommend the from the freeze affected user to look for the morph PHMMouthOpen and experiment with removing it.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a tricky one. Probably need to break that DLL open and watch what's going on when it breaks.

Well then. Its amazing what you stumble across when not looking for something... see the reply in the thread I have direct linked to by TheButcher.

" Awesome tool! Could you give us choice to allow leaving specific var symlinks in root of AddonPackages folder? There are some plugin vars that are written finding the vars in the root and not in subfolders. adamant5.realtime_lipsync.1 has a DLL file written to look only in root. When left in subfolders, sometimes model rigging gets broken and hard reset only way to fix. "

Cool - but what "root" is the poster talking about? The root drive, the root folder (x:\vam) the root addonpackages folder, (x:\vam\AddonPackages) or something else? It absolutely sounds like the cause of this issue. And what .dll needs to be in root?

Back
Top Bottom