Is it possible to make an atom reference another atoms controller?

Thatoshiriguy

Reactions
As per the title.

A made up example would be, there are 2 atoms in the scene, generic ones, and the goal is to make atom 2s leg function as atom 1s.
And I don't mean just link them together, I mean that whenever anything references atom1.leftleg (or whatever the syntax is) it would be pointing to atom2s instead.

The goal would then be to have another imported item function as a limb (or penis later on) providing it has the same controller names etc. So if I somehow cut off an atoms leg, imported it to a scene as it's own object, then I should be able to have a plugin think that is the real leg, so moving that leg up would move the atoms body etc.

My thoughts were that maybe I could go atom1.leftleg = atom2.leftleg, and then just hope that all other triggers etc from atom2 would carry over.

Well, you can't cut parts of a person or any other atom, a atom is undivisable (in VaM, not real life Physics).

Well, you can't cut parts of a person or any other atom, a atom is undivisable (in VaM, not real life Physics).
Is there a way to do this in an external program? Like import the person model, cut off a bit, resave it as a new asset that you can import? (obviously extra steps)

No idea.
You can hide parts of the body with some plugins or textures or clothing though. I'm still trying to understand your goal with this, maybe I can suggest other ways if you rephrase what you want to do?

No idea.
You can hide parts of the body with some plugins or textures or clothing though. I'm still trying to understand your goal with this, maybe I can suggest other ways if you rephrase what you want to do?
I'm trying to make a futa atom with a vagina. So I'm trying to ADD a functioning penis to a female.
I'm going to try out adding 2 atoms to a scene, then hiding everything from one except penis, and disable the physics. Then I'll have 1 atom and 1 penis. Then I'll see if it's possible via code to have the penis function from atom1.

Ok, that's what I thought.
There's been plenty of people asking about this, even this week. Look around in the forum for those threads, people who know much more than I do have left their insights and difficulties on that challenge.

Back
Top Bottom