• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Quest 3 + Virtual Desktop Tracker Emulation

Nameless Vagabond

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has successfully used the Quest 3 in conjunction with Virtual Desktop to emulate a hip tracker in VAM. So far I have been able to get the tracker emulation working, but it only works well going side to side and up and down - not forwards and backwards, which is what's needed to simulate thrusting in VAM. Hopefully this attached picture will help explain what I'm talking about

VAM troubleshooting.png

Basically, the "thrust" tracking does work, but the translation is maybe 20-50% of how far my hips actually move. Is this just a limitation of Virtual Desktop or am I doing something wrong?

I''ve never tried an emulator for that, but sometimes I will change the pelvis settings to the below, to physics link the pelvis to the left controller. And if I am using embody, I disable the left hand tracker, so while that arm will be limp on the model, the thrusting action is controllable, though a bit sensitive.

Basically, choose link to atom CameraRig > Pick your controller (left or right hand) > tick physics link > off you go!

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Upvote 0
I already have a solution for the method that you've described - I have a Vive tracker with a waist belt. It is quite effective at transmitting waist movements.
hip tracker.jpg

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom