Question Can't Connect to Virtual Desktop on Quest2?

Eb2019

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Can someone please provide a very simple explanation on how to open VaM in VR on the Virtual Desktop App?

I bought the Virtual Desktop app in Quest 2. On my Quest2, I click on VaM (OpenVR) through Virtual Desktop, but the 2d version opens up (not the VR version).

When I do it via AirLink, the VR version opens up (but it's very bad quality).

Any help would be appreciated!

The way I do it is create a batch file with

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "D:\Vam\VAM.exe"

The "D:\Vam\VAM.exe" is where I have VAM installed. Put in your own installation address in this part.

Upvote 2
How do you create a batch file? I created a text file and named the extension .bat but it still shows that it’s a text file. Any help properly creating a batch file would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I just tried to create a new one-- I used notepad and changed from .txt to all files in the 'Save as type' and of course .bat like you did. Should work.

Upvote 0
turn on "show file extensions" in windows. Make your life a lot simpler.

Another thing to note, you have to run that .bat file from INSIDE virtual desktop. I found if you try and open it from the desktop before putting the headset on and opening VD it doesn't work.

So run VD, then from inside VR run the bat file and wait.

Upvote 0
I have Qculus Link installed and wired to my USB on my computer.
Just by booting up the Quest 2 will attempt to link your headset to your computer.
Virtual Desktop will show the last 3 programs used and you just click on VAM in the list.
Need Oculus Link and Virtual Desktop installed

Upvote 0
I was able to make a batch file and run VaM through it while opening it in Virtual Desktop.

However, I’m having the same issue in that VaM is only opening up in 2D rather than virtual reality.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I was able to make a batch file and run VaM through it while opening it in Virtual Desktop.

However, I’m having the same issue in that VaM is only opening up in 2D rather than virtual reality.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I do not know but In your first post you said you used VaM (OpenVR) do not use that use Vam.exe and the other thing is follow jiraiya instructions in the post above. Hope that helps. Let us know if you get it working!

Upvote 0
Tried everything.. bummed out it didn’t work.

when I open the batch file through virtual desktop, only 2d opens up.

Upvote 0
Do you have the command spread over more than one line?
It's important the whole thing is a SINGLE line in the batch file...

Upvote 0
Do you have the command spread over more than one line?
It's important the whole thing is a SINGLE line in the batch file...

Yeah, I looked through all your posts here and put everything in one line (including the quotes). Still only 2d.

Upvote 0
This is the line I use to launch mine,
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "C:\PATHTOVAM\VaM.exe"

And it works. I double click the bat file which is in the same directory as VaM itself from Virtual Desktop and it just works.
You do need to have the oculus app installed and working for this to work as Virtual Desktop abuses the Oculus drivers. You don't need to open or run the Oculus app at all, but it needs to be there.

Upvote 1
I put the .bat file on my desktop and it works well. I believe hundreds of "Vammers" use the batch file successfully. It has been discussed here on the hub before. Do a search on the hub for VirtualDesktop.

Upvote 0
Got it to work, guys! I had an extra space between the two commands that kept throwing it off. Thanks!

Upvote 0
The way I do it is create a batch file with

"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "D:\Vam\VAM.exe"

The "D:\Vam\VAM.exe" is where I have VAM installed. Put in your own installation address in this part.
This was exactly what I was looking for for VD and Quest 3 to get VAM running in VR mode.. lol thanks!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom