Question Problems with the view of the software

lianshiye0

Reactions
Twitter
Sorry, my English is not very good, I will try to express my meaning。
I am a newbie and I feel that the way this software operates is too bad, for example, I can't control the position and direction of the character nodes precisely. I wonder if vam can have the concept and operation of front view, back view, side view, top view, or even multi-window mode like other software (such as blender) so that it can be viewed from different angles.

I assume you are using VaM in Desktop mode. Obvioulsy VaM is mostly intended for VR. To my knowledge there is no view like that.

You might want to try my PowerHandles plugin, which helps slightly with precise placement as it only moves/rotates when you explicitly hold down Ctrl or Alt. Most interesting for you might be the feature to use global coordinates instead of local ones by holding Shift.

If you want to give it a try, its part of the Essentials package. Add the plugin as a "Session Plugin" or add it to any atom in your scene, it doesn't matter where as long as there is no more than one.

Upvote 0
Go to the "Move" tab of any atom. From there you can move it precisely.

As for the front/rear/side/top/bottom views, I'd like that a lot too. Not possible right now.

Upvote 0
Like ZRSX said, just select the persons root, open up the "move" tab and click on the Y-axis angle. You can turn the person in 45 degree steps, for instance. Though, this is maybe not helpfull if you want to turn a full scene with everything inside. Would be great to have a "move camera around selected object" option, even in VR.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom