PresetLoader

Plugins PresetLoader

As a method to turn on the "Load Presets" button of PresetLoader immediately after loading the scene, there are methods such as using CollisionTrigger, using Trigger with animation such as SceneAnimation, Timeline, AnimationPattern, etc. In any case, select the target Person for Trigger's "Receiver Atom", this plug-in for "Receiver", and "Load Presets" for "Receiver Target". If you turn on Trigger, the PresetLoader's "Load Presets" button will be pressed once.
For Merge Load, check "Use Merge Load" on each Presets tab of VAM and press the "Load Presets" button.
I don't really know how to use triggers, but I will check it out. Thanks for giving me that idea and the step-by-step!

I just wanted to automate stuff as much as I can, because there are so many chores to do every scene. For example, setting the hair multiplier to reasonable values, load look, load plugins, disabling collisions, etc... (I got those covered with other plugins). But I still wanted to automatically load a preset bald hair for males, because I don't really care how males look, but I want all the performance I can get. Loading a preset appearance for males will create misalignment for most scenes, so that isn't an option.

Maybe your other plugin (appearance loader) would be better for that?

I'm having issues when loading a apperance preset and keep it at the same scale as the person in the scene. No matter if I select or not the "keep appearance scale" checkbox, any loaded appearance changes the scale to 1.000.
This is on the latest version of the plugin and VaM.

I'm having issues when loading a apperance preset and keep it at the same scale as the person in the scene. No matter if I select or not the "keep appearance scale" checkbox, any loaded appearance changes the scale to 1.000.
The scale at the time when "Keep Appearance Scale" is switched to ON is retained. Therefore, even if you manually change the scale when "Keep Appearance Scale" is ON, the value will not be reflected, and the scale when it is turned ON will be used.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but if you change the scale manually, please turn "Keep Appearance Scale" ON again.

Now that I think about it, the operability of this feature may not have been so good.

I made a sample script modified to hold the Scale value when pressing the "Load Presets" button and at the beginning of each loop that loops with Auto Load. If you don't mind, could you check the operation?

Attachments

• PresetLoader.cs
    142 KB · Views: 0
ky1001 updated PresetLoader with a new update entry:

Update

Updates:
Improved operability of the "Keep Appearance Scale" function.

In the previous version, the scale when "Keep Appearance Scale" was turned ON was retained, and even if the scale was changed manually after "Keep Appearance Scale" was turned ON, it was returned to the retained scale when loading the preset. In the new version, if the Scale is manually changed after "Keep Appearance Scale" is ON, the changed Scale will be used when loading the Preset.

Read the rest of this update entry...

why the skin is always not right when loading a new appearance preset?

Look like the skin color is not right when loading from the plugin compare to loading directly from Vam UI.

why the skin is always not right when loading a new appearance preset?

Look like the skin color is not right when loading from the plugin compare to loading directly from Vam UI.
In my environment, I see no difference between the appearance loaded with PresetLoader and the one loaded with Appearance Presets in the VAM UI.
1) Make sure that PresetLoader's "Enable Skin Preset" is not ON.
2) Immediately after loading the appearance with PresetLoader, press the Load button of Appearance Presets in the VAM UI to load the appearance and check if the skin changes.
3) If there is still a difference in Skins, please let me know the problematic appearance name.

Hi Ky 😊
it seems version 20 is making scenes not load/endless loading, if the user has subfolders, (version 18 doesn't have this issue.)
Thank you so much, I love this plugin 🤩

Hi Ky 😊
it seems version 20 is making scenes not load/endless loading, if the user has subfolders, (version 18 doesn't have this issue.)
Thank you so much, I love this plugin 🤩
Hello, VRDollz
Does the subfolder refer to the subfolder where the Preset is saved?
Even if I selected Custom\Atom\Preson\Pose, which has multiple subfolders, in Pose Preset and saved/loaded the scene, it was successfully loaded. What preset does the problem occur when you specify? Can you narrow down the conditions that cause the problem, such as Clothing, Appearance, etc.? Are there any characteristics of the subfolder names that cause problems?

Hello, VRDollz
Does the subfolder refer to the subfolder where the Preset is saved?
Even if I selected Custom\Atom\Preson\Pose, which has multiple subfolders, in Pose Preset and saved/loaded the scene, it was successfully loaded. What preset does the problem occur when you specify? Can you narrow down the conditions that cause the problem, such as Clothing, Appearance, etc.? Are there any characteristics of the subfolder names that cause problems?
Thank you for your reply, I'm referring to user made subfolders in their "AddonPackages" folder, like this example snip:
subfolder.PNG

I generally don't use subfolders, so when I got scene loading errors reported the only thing I found to fix it was to ask user to not sort downloaded .var into subfolders and just put all packages straight into the "AddonPackages" folder.

Thank you for your reply, I'm referring to user made subfolders in their "AddonPackages" folder, like this example snip:
View attachment 301275
I generally don't use subfolders, so when I got scene loading errors reported the only thing I found to fix it was to ask user to not sort downloaded .var into subfolders and just put all packages straight into the "AddonPackages" folder.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
I found the cause.
If the Preset var that was specified when the Scene was saved is not in the same location, the plugin will search for the var.
After version 19, I made a modification to make the search faster, but there was a mistake in the modification and it was not working properly.
I fixed the mistake and created ver21.
It worked fine experimentally, but could you please confirm it works with users?
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Attachments

• ky1001.PresetLoader.21.var
    14.8 KB · Views: 0
I apologize for the inconvenience.
I found the cause.
If the Preset var that was specified when the Scene was saved is not in the same location, the plugin will search for the var.
After version 19, I made a modification to make the search faster, but there was a mistake in the modification and it was not working properly.
I fixed the mistake and created ver21.
It worked fine experimentally, but could you please confirm it works with users?
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Please no apology necessary, your work is amazing! And thank you for fixing it so quickly :love:

I did a test myself then and the scene loads fine now and presets work great 🥳
I must apologise for not telling you sooner, I really didn't want to bother you as you have already done so much for me.

Do you have somewhere like a Patreon page so I can give you some money? I super appreciate all your efforts 💖

Please no apology necessary, your work is amazing! And thank you for fixing it so quickly :love:

I did a test myself then and the scene loads fine now and presets work great 🥳
I must apologise for not telling you sooner, I really didn't want to bother you as you have already done so much for me.

Do you have somewhere like a Patreon page so I can give you some money? I super appreciate all your efforts 💖

Thank you for confirmation.
I am relieved that the new version works properly.
I'm glad you like my plugin.
I'm a bad amateur programmer, and I'm not at a level where I can get paid for it. Please don't worry about it.

I have tons of clothing presets in the root Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing directory but when i select that as the clothing path it doesnt see any of them?

I have tons of clothing presets in the root Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing directory but when i select that as the clothing path it doesnt see any of them?
At what stage do presets not appear?
It is normal for the "Select Directory" screen that opens when you press the "Set Clothing Presets Path" button to display only the directory and not individual presets. When you press the "Select" button and return to the PresetLoader UI, do you not see a list of presets in the area below the "Favorite Clothing Only" ToggleButton?

I don't understand how this works at all.

I followed the instructions, I found and ran this plugin in "Person" as instructed, I tried selecting the path where my presets were located, but I couldn't create my own custom filepath apparently. So I moved all my presets into the default folder that this plugin uses. (Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing)
Even after selecting autoload, and load presets, include subfolders, etc. The list of presets is empty.

I downloaded a bunch of "clothes" from the Virt-A-Mate hub, and they're all .var files. Was I not supposed to do that?
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...

Attachments

• Folder.PNG
    Folder.PNG
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Path.PNG
    Path.PNG
    101.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Person.PNG
    Person.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm using Google Translate, so I'm sorry if it's hard to understand.

Keep all var files in the "AddonPackages" folder or its subfolders.
To keep things simple, please uncheck "Favorite ** Only".
"Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing" is not a special folder for the PresetLoader plugin, but a standard folder for saving VAM Clothing Presets. This folder will be empty unless you have saved a ClothingPreset yourself in the past. To save a Preset, open the "Clothing Presets" tab, enter the Preset name you want to save in the Preset Name field, and press the "Create New Preset" button.

The steps to set Clothing Preset to PresetLoader are as follows.
1) Press the "Set Clothing Presets Path" button
2) Select one from the var list on the left side of the opened UI and press the "Select" button at the bottom right.
This list is a list of vars containing Clothing Presets. Note that even the Clothing item's var may not contain a Clothing Preset.
3) The Clothing Presets in the selected folder should be listed under "Favorite Clothing Only".
Press the "Load Presets" button to load the preset.
If you have saved a Clothing Preset, you can also select "Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing" during the above steps.

I'm using Google Translate, so I'm sorry if it's hard to understand.

Keep all var files in the "AddonPackages" folder or its subfolders.
To keep things simple, please uncheck "Favorite ** Only".
"Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing" is not a special folder for the PresetLoader plugin, but a standard folder for saving VAM Clothing Presets. This folder will be empty unless you have saved a ClothingPreset yourself in the past. To save a Preset, open the "Clothing Presets" tab, enter the Preset name you want to save in the Preset Name field, and press the "Create New Preset" button.

The steps to set Clothing Preset to PresetLoader are as follows.
1) Press the "Set Clothing Presets Path" button
2) Select one from the var list on the left side of the opened UI and press the "Select" button at the bottom right.
This list is a list of vars containing Clothing Presets. Note that even the Clothing item's var may not contain a Clothing Preset.
3) The Clothing Presets in the selected folder should be listed under "Favorite Clothing Only".
Press the "Load Presets" button to load the preset.
If you have saved a Clothing Preset, you can also select "Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing" during the above steps.

So if I understand correctly, the .var files shown in the screenshot aren't considered "clothing presets", but just "clothing"?

I assume I have to piece these "clothing" .var files together somehow, then save it as a separate file which can then be used as a "Clothing Preset"?

I don't know where the "Clothing Presets Tab" is, but I'll figure it out.

So if I understand correctly, the .var files shown in the screenshot aren't considered "clothing presets", but just "clothing"?

I assume I have to piece these "clothing" .var files together somehow, then save it as a separate file which can then be used as a "Clothing Preset"?

I don't know where the "Clothing Presets Tab" is, but I'll figure it out.
1) Some of the vars you presented seem to have a Clothing Preset.
2) I don't know of a way to automatically create a Clothing Preset from Clothing. Even if there were, for example, I don't think it would make much sense to create a Preset with just a hat from the hat var to use it with PresetLoader. I think it would be better to create a Clothing Preset individually by combining your favorite Clothing (shirts, scarves, shoes, etc.) and having the Person wear them.
An example Clothing Preset can be found at the following link: Please use with caution as it has a large number of dependent files.
3) Clothing Preset is here.

Attachments

• vam_ui.jpg
    vam_ui.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom