Question Posing multiple atoms / question about settings

Vamblor

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
Vamblor69
Greetings,

I'm having a hard time getting the transition in this scene to work consistently. Sometimes it works for me, and sometimes her arm will be stuck below the pole and/or limbs will be jittering.

1. Is there a better way to do the transition? I've tried triggering pose presets and using timeline to load the poses, the scene in it's current state is about as good as I can get through trial and error.

2. How do my settings / framerate effect the transition? I suspect this is where my problem lies. Trial and erroring with different settings wasn't yielding the results I wanted. In particular I hoped changing the physics refresh rate would fix it since, based on my understanding, would prevent vam from preforming 2 actions on the same frame, but no luck.
I have 2 installs of vam, one for making scenes and another for everything else. The transition works much better on my other install than on my scene install. Same settings, the only difference I see is that the one that works better has much more in the cache. I don't have the strongest setup, so my theory at this point is that little difference in load speed is the line between the transition working or not. Idk though, they were both on the default high settings, and lowering the settings hasn't fixed the problem.

3. How's the transition for you? If I'm on the right track then theoretically the transition should work fine for people not playing on a laptop.

I'm also going to piggy back off this for another, potentially related, issue that's driving me crazy. The jitters.
I think a lot of it is my poses ending up right on the line where the jitters start, but I can go through, frame by frame sometimes, and make sure my scene is jitter free. Then later for seemingly no reason the jitters are back.

4. I get that if a control gets too far away from one its attached to, or if it's overlapping another atom it will start shaking. Am I missing something? Any tips for keeping the jitters away?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help. I know my question is 4 questions, so I really appreciate your time.

Back
Top Bottom