• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Pose question

davechan

Reactions
Hi everyone, beginner VAM player here.
Recently I downloaded a scene which is a very good and complicated missionary scene, and I've learned a lot from this scene. Greatly expanded my knowledge about the game and I am thankful to the creator. The name of the scene is xxxa Missionary v2, the question I am having about this scene is that how did the creator make her missionary pose with ONLY Pelvis atom control ON and the rest OFF while maintaining her pose and not falling limp, because from my understanding if an atom control is off, that part of the body falls limp. I've attached an video clip to further clarify my question. Can anyone please help? Very much appreciated! Sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• Recording 2023-11-30 201017.mp4
    13.4 MB
Easiest way would be to parent-link all the other control nodes to the pelvis and make them all non-interactable and non-possessable. So, the controls are still ON, you just can't select them?

Your English is fine, by the way.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, beginner VAM player here.
Recently I downloaded a scene which is a very good and complicated missionary scene, and I've learned a lot from this scene. Greatly expanded my knowledge about the game and I am thankful to the creator. The name of the scene is xxxa Missionary v2, the question I am having about this scene is that how did the creator make her missionary pose with ONLY Pelvis atom control ON and the rest OFF while maintaining her pose and not falling limp, because from my understanding if an atom control is off, that part of the body falls limp. I've attached an video clip to further clarify my question. Can anyone please help? Very much appreciated! Sorry for my bad english.
Hello davechan, I am also new, so I'm not in a position to give a very clear answer, but i found this wiki post very useful. https://hub.virtamate.com/wiki/atom_ui_complete_contents/

atom nodes (and their relationship to other nodes) is a complicated topic. I've copied a character's position and imported it into a default scene to play around with it and learn how they connect everything. The default 'look' scene is good for this because there is nothing else that will interact with the character. It works for me anyway. And I too, have learned alot by looking at how others create their content. Hope that wiki tutorial helps answers your questions.

And like MacGruber said, your English is perfect - better than most...lol

Upvote 0
Easiest way would be to parent-link all the other control nodes to the pelvis and make them all non-interactable and non-possessable. So, the controls are still ON, you just can't select them?

Your English is fine, by the way.
Hi MacGruber, thank you for your reply and it's unexpected that you would take your time and answer such small questions :D. I was watching your state machine tutorial videos the other day and now I am reading your reply for my post! You're awesome! And thank you for what you've done for the community!
Back to the topic of the post, I did what you suggested (I attached a video clip showing what I did according to your suggestion), but I doubt that's the case with this scene (I also attached a new video clip showing a little more details about the scene). First of all, all nodes can be selected, and the nodes are not parent linked, they are all OFF with only one switched ON. As a matter of fact, they can be all switched OFF, both position and rotation, and the character will still maintain that pose. Furthermore, you can also switch all nodes ON and manipulate with them like you normal do, or you can even make a new pose with those ON nodes, but as soon as you switch those ON nodes back to OFF, they will snap back to their original state(Both position and rotation) that comes with the original pose, which is the missionary pose that come with the scene. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Recording testing parent link.mp4
    12.1 MB
  • Recording xxxa scene.mp4
    44.3 MB
Upvote 0
Hello davechan, I am also new, so I'm not in a position to give a very clear answer, but i found this wiki post very useful. https://hub.virtamate.com/wiki/atom_ui_complete_contents/

atom nodes (and their relationship to other nodes) is a complicated topic. I've copied a character's position and imported it into a default scene to play around with it and learn how they connect everything. The default 'look' scene is good for this because there is nothing else that will interact with the character. It works for me anyway. And I too, have learned alot by looking at how others create their content. Hope that wiki tutorial helps answers your questions.

And like MacGruber said, your English is perfect - better than most...lol
Hi, thank you for your suggestion, I read about that topic on wiki sometime back, and i've gone through it again today, unfortunately I was still unable to find my answer :(

Upvote 0
Hi MacGruber, thank you for your reply and it's unexpected that you would take your time and answer such small questions :D. I was watching your state machine tutorial videos the other day and now I am reading your reply for my post! You're awesome! And thank you for what you've done for the community!
Back to the topic of the post, I did what you suggested (I attached a video clip showing what I did according to your suggestion), but I doubt that's the case with this scene (I also attached a new video clip showing a little more details about the scene). First of all, all nodes can be selected, and the nodes are not parent linked, they are all OFF with only one switched ON. As a matter of fact, they can be all switched OFF, both position and rotation, and the character will still maintain that pose. Furthermore, you can also switch all nodes ON and manipulate with them like you normal do, or you can even make a new pose with those ON nodes, but as soon as you switch those ON nodes back to OFF, they will snap back to their original state(Both position and rotation) that comes with the original pose, which is the missionary pose that come with the scene. Thank you for your time.
One more thing I just have discovered, making adjustments (Both position and rotation) of the person's root control has no effect on the person. (see attached video)

Attachments

• Recording 2023-12-01 212014.mp4
    9.2 MB
Upvote 0
I had a look at the free version of the scene:

The general setup seems to be:
  1. LogicBricks StateMachine brick (on Female) controlling....
  2. Timeline plugin (on Female), which again is controlling....
  3. lots of VariableTrigger atoms located between the feet of the male. These are all placed on top of each other and they are marked as "Hidden", which is probably why you missed them. Anyway, these again are controlling....
  4. JointDrive Targets for both character's various control nodes.

So characters are controlled by directly telling each joint an rotation angle. So, it's directly applying physic forces to keep the characters in position. That's also why the pose changes are so "snapping".

Recommendation for @xxxa: Have a look at IdlePoser. Very powerful plugin for doing pose changes like this with nice blending in between (no snapping), especially combined with a StateMachine controlling multiple IdlePosers on both characters.

Upvote 0
I had a look at the free version of the scene:

The general setup seems to be:
  1. LogicBricks StateMachine brick (on Female) controlling....
  2. Timeline plugin (on Female), which again is controlling....
  3. lots of VariableTrigger atoms located between the feet of the male. These are all placed on top of each other and they are marked as "Hidden", which is probably why you missed them. Anyway, these again are controlling....
  4. JointDrive Targets for both character's various control nodes.

So characters are controlled by directly telling each joint an rotation angle. So, it's directly applying physic forces to keep the characters in position. That's also why the pose changes are so "snapping".

Recommendation for @xxxa: Have a look at IdlePoser. Very powerful plugin for doing pose changes like this with nice blending in between (no snapping), especially combined with a StateMachine controlling multiple IdlePosers on both characters.
Hi MacGruber, I have already gone through the variable triggers, timeline plugin and statemachine plugins in the scene before I make my post. I believe those variable triggers play the major role in the scene. Those variable triggers are there to change the jointdriveX, Y, Z values of the joints, and I have played around with them but still couldn't figure it out, maybe I just don't possess enough knowledge of the game to fully understand how things in the scene are connected and interact with each other. I will take a look at the idleposer and see if I can crack the code someday. Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0
Hi MacGruber, I have already gone through the variable triggers, timeline plugin and statemachine plugins in the scene before I make my post. I believe those variable triggers play the major role in the scene. Those variable triggers are there to change the jointdriveX, Y, Z values of the joints, and I have played around with them but still couldn't figure it out, maybe I just don't possess enough knowledge of the game to fully understand how things in the scene are connected and interact with each other. I will take a look at the idleposer and see if I can crack the code someday. Thank you for your help!
Hi MacGruber, I again did some testing today, and I finally figured it out. It was the variable triggers doing the trick, even though I looked into the variable triggers in the first place and knew that it has something to do with the Joint DriveX, Y, Z values. I was thinking these values only modifies the pose to a certain extent, I wouldn't expect that they would also hold and maintain a firm pose. My bad I wasn't smart enough to do more extensive research and testings on my own. Couldn't have done it without your insights, thank you!!

Attachments

• Recordingselftesting.mp4
    20.5 MB
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom