• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Pose changes - How to avoid the person being replaced to a entire wrong scene position loading a new pose?

Lione

Reactions
Pose changes - How to avoid the person being replaced to a entire wrong scene position loading a new pose?

Avoid using legacy pose presets (under control & physics 1), they always have root node position saved inside preset.

Use "new" pose presets (under pose presets tab), by default they don't store person root node position (it loads in same location).
If it has root node option checked it will port character to new location, to fix it:
(ofc it depends on root location... if root node is inside characted it might require more work)

1. load "bad" preset
2. reset/change root node position (under move tab)
3. save new preset (without "store root node in pose" option checked)

Hope this helps. ;)
You can get more info on presets and what is stored with each type here Guides Preset Definitions

Upvote 0
Hi thx so much for your time and your reply :)

So now that i stumble on that " root node " Info so often regarding also "locked position scenes " where i cannot move a person at all anymore.

Can you explain me what a root node is and how i access it ?
Is there a "help wiki" for that ?

BTW it happens so often i load a new "pose" that the pose / persons are placed then miles away ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you explain me what a root node is and how i access it ?
Basically when you add any atom to scene there is usually single control node for it.
With person atom is slightly different, since you have multiple joints (hands, head, hip, legs, etc...) each with own controls.

But you still have main (root) person control node (it's "walking/running" icon at the bottom (by default at 0-0-0).
personcontrol.jpg

You can select it by clicking on that icon, or cycle select person atom icon on taskbar, or from any of joints (including eyeTarget)
selectroot.jpg

When you move root node other joints also move...simple
(on previous question i told you that you can lock movement & rotation, but you can also disable "freeze physics while grabing" on controls 1 tab (if don't wanna physics to reset if you accidentally grab root node).

There is also "detach person root control" option (controls 1 tab), you can check it and move root and than uncheck to attach person back to root node (if you wanna reposition root node).
detachroot.jpg

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom