Pool House

charlestone

Reactions
charlestone submitted a new resource:

Pool House - Early Access download for Pool House environment asset

Super happy with how this turned out! Enjoy this cozy small but relaxing pool setting complete with an outdoor living room, spa, and bedroom. Can't wait to see what the community does with it :)

Download it here

Public release will be in 2 weeks on the 8th of June.

View attachment 125563
View attachment 125561 View attachment 125564 View attachment 125565

Read more about this resource...

charlestone updated Pool House with a new update entry:

Shadow rendering and minor material tweaks

I went back to the guide by hazmhox and specifically the part about correcting the shadow rendering of unity assets to be more compatible with VAM, what does this mean to you all? Well quite simply that you should no longer need to use the Asset Vamifier plugin to make the shading on the asset look proper! The link in the previous post has been updated with the new VAR! As an additional tweak I toned down the redness of some of the wooden materials and lightened up the color of the sofa...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @charlestone I'm reporting you that because @Spacedog is experimenting with the enviro (and I have a bit more background than him).
There is an issue somewhere in the main deck, around the center of it if I'm not mistaken.

70ish FPS with a wide shot, and even without a wide shot, the perfs are extremely brutal if you have a focus around the middle of the deck.
debug-pool.png

To give you a reference, the street asset. Over 1 million polys, and the perfs are at 300fps.
debug-street.png

I haven't extracted the package ('coz I'm working on a shit ton of stuffs :p)
But if you want an enviro to be perfect for the creators, you should focus on having a 300 or at worst 200/250ish fps.

The reason behind that is that, the creator has not to worry about the enviro, and can just focus on the characters optimization and the rest of the scene. And the second reason is that, at some point, you have diminishing return in terms of performances. For instance, if your enviro hits the scene enough to put it down to under 100fps, putting any character will drop it to 50fps immediately because of much costs a character in a scene.

Depending on your GPU you might be able to keep a 40fps even with 3 characters, but with mid/low end GPUs, it's gonna be frikking hard to keep up.

On Spacedog's test, I'm at 45fps with 3 characters. 55ish with a single character. And I'm on a 3080Ti and a 5800X. More or less, depending on the shots (or places) the creators want to make the scene, it's gonna be mostly unplayable in VR.

You might wanna check what's wrong and try to get back on that 250ish fps ;)

Cheers!

I did another test, killing all the lights, I get back too 230ish immediately.

Strange enough, your water shader disappear. I think that's the culprit. You have an issue with the water shader, even tho the overall perfs should be higher because there's nothing crazy going on in the geometry.

If you want, I have a couple of cool water shader that are perfs proof (if you have no other solutions) : )

charlestone updated Pool House with a new update entry:

Furniture customization update

Upon requests from several creators I have gone back and separated some of the major furniture pieces into their own atoms so that they can be moved around, adjusted or disabled! This allows for more flexibility in the scene use and can even replace and create space for replacing the furniture with other content from the hub. I included a subscene as well with all the old furniture atoms active so that it can still be easily loaded into new scenes as is.

Separate info from the furniture...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom