• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Plugins - How to access my entire as favorite checked Plugin Pool ?

Lione

Reactions
~ Lione wants to know ~ Part 105 - Plugins Organizing

Honestly it is just a chaos and it is driving me nuts That Plugin Menu 😭

I selected like 50 of my perhaps 200 available Plugins from chaos Selector left side as Favorite but not all show up if i click only favorites on the right side.
Why?
Where is AcidBubbles and tons others?
Its only showing like 20.

What else should one do other than clicking that?

What do i have to do that all what is checked is showing up on the right side Plugin Menu?

Can i create a Plugin Pack in a Folder and load such with one click into my workflow Plugin Menu?
Or do i really have to add each Plugin one by one alltime ?

I know i can set them to load alltime from start.

My current Idea was using same function and just adding all 50 there but unchecking them so they will be loaded with each Scene / Look but not being active.
Do they still eat RAM or CPU while unchecked?

Last edited:
@JayJayWon made a plugin that helps with that: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/pluginassist-free.6239/

Otherwise you can also make plugin presets so you can quickly load plugins you want (check out the Plugin Preset tab on Person atoms)

Finally you can use a method that I personnally like, create a folder in your AddonPackages (something like _Common so it shows up first) and put your prefered plugins there; they will show up first, and if you use Filtered on the left, you'll be able to quickly find the plugins you want.

Hi thx for the Infos :)

I will check the Presets Function.
The Folder Idea is also good.
I just see a Problem here with having Plugins in AddonsPackages and /scripts ?
How can i combine these two Resources in a Overview to showup?

The Plugin assist sounded nice but for me i see not how it could match my needs currently.
I will read the Guide. SO many Functions in that Plugin and i do not see a create FAV Plugins List currently.

I am searching for a kinda Bookmark of Plugins to load them since such will be part of my workflow :)

But is that a BUG that even if you mark your Plugins as FAV such do not appear then full on the right side ?

Last edited:
Hi Lione,
as Acid Bubble said, you can save plugin presets. For your special case, to have your favourite plugins from /saves AND var files at hand, this is a somewhat good solution.
Instead of saving a plugin preset with a combination of multiple plugins like usual, just save a own preset for every single of your favourite plugins. If you will choose a clever preset name, you can use filters or alphabetical sorting. I did that with a handful of my most useful plugins, too.
Though, filtering by favourites would be the most simple solution. Till now, I didn't know this would not show everything. Maybe it is because of the big gap between stuff that is in your custom folder and Var files?
If you just can't stand all those methods, you maybe could think of unpacking the plugins from Var files and put them in a folder together with your other favourites.

Last edited:
Thx so much for all the Feedback. This helps me much to solve my inner chaos with such things.
A step further to work more comfort especially in VR where you wish to have all and everything near at yours like a Oil Painter has its Colour Palette.

Last edited:
You can also use a text editor to make *.cslist files to load multiple plugins at once. It even groups them together in your list of loaded plugins so more fit on the screen.
1628203379412.png

I have a "default" list I like to add to most models, and an "edit" list for character creation/alteration. Here's the contents of my "default.cslist" so you can see the required syntax:

NippleClippingReducer.cs
AutoLabia.cs
LFE.ExtraAutoGenitals0.2:/Custom/Scripts/LFE/ExtraAutoGenitals/ExtraAutoGenitals.cs
VeeRifter.BreastAutoGravity.2:/Custom/Scripts/BreastAutoGravity.cs
Spacedog.EasyGaze_FingerMotion_KissMotion_Collection.5:/Custom/Scripts/Spacedog/Kiss Motion 1.7.cs

The first two scripts are from my local custom/scripts folder. The last 3 are from var files.

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention that I had the same question/problem as the OP, setting favorite plugins/scripts but not seeing them show up when clicking "Favorites". So I assume this is a bug, unless there is another trick to getting the favorites tick box to actually show your favorites.

create a folder in your AddonPackages (something like _Common so it shows up first) and put your prefered plugins there; they will show up first

I tried this, creating a folder called "_favorites" in my AddonPackages folder, then copying my favorite plugins into that and it didn't work, the new folder was not showing up in VaM. Should I have moved the plugins instead of copying them? I didn't want to do that because most of my scenes and looks use them.

I tried this, creating a folder called "_favorites" in my AddonPackages folder, then copying my favorite plugins into that and it didn't work, the new folder was not showing up in VaM. Should I have moved the plugins instead of copying them? I didn't want to do that because most of my scenes and looks use them.
It doesn't matter where they are in the AddonsPackages folder, to VAM it's all the same if they're in the root of AP or in a subfolder. I organise my VARs with subfolders and so far no issue whatsoever and much easier to organise and fnd things.
Copies will be ignored, you should have only one VAR of something. Lower versions of the VAR are also ignored over the highest, unless a scene calls for a specific version and then that's the one used.
So, if you create a subfolder called favorites and drop your plugins, etc., there - move, not copy - then you can easily find the folder and contents in... hmmm... filter view or whatever it's called.

Thank you atani, that worked!! However, is there a way to make my "_faves" folder show up first when I go to add a plugin? Currently I still have to click through several folders to get to _faves.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Whenever I go to add a plugin the default path I always see is:

C:\
VaM_updater
Custom\
Scripts\

So for some reason I am always brought to the Scripts folder as my default. For the life of me I can't figure out how to change that. Should I just move my _faves folder from AddonsPackages to Scripts?

Yes Im not too clear on the scripts folder thing. It takes a long time for me to change the folder every time.
I also favorited a bunch of clothing. I don't see any option to view favorite clothing now.

What I observed is that everytime you update a plugin that was a favourite, afterwards it isn't a favourite anymore cause for VaM it's a new plugin (different file).

Back
Top Bottom