• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Plugin to change alpha/opacity of textures?

CitizenX

Reactions
I know there are a couple plugins that include modified alpha values... Doofenschmalphys.TransparencyToolv1_0 can change the alpha of body parts, and Chokaphi.DecalMaker can generate new decal textures with varying alpha levels. But is it possible to change the opacity of textures on the fly?

A really useful plugin would be if you could change the opacity/alpha of a decal (or any other texture for that matter) on the fly with a slider, and to allow that slider to be controlled as a trigger. For example, you could use a flushed face makeup decal to have a model transition to embarrassed as part of an animation.

So I guess first question... is that possible in the current framework, and second question... if so, anyone want to try to tackle it? Web-programming is my area of expertise, so I haven't gotten into any plugin coding yet.

You can check the source of Improved PoV (https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-improved-pov), I'm switching the shaders "on the fly" so I can control the alpha level (the plugin is way more complex than needed because of the per-camera switching and auto-refresh), you could do something similar and binding to a float param would then become fairly simple.

You can check the source of Improved PoV (https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-improved-pov), I'm switching the shaders "on the fly" so I can control the alpha level (the plugin is way more complex than needed because of the per-camera switching and auto-refresh), you could do something similar and binding to a float param would then become fairly simple.
Since VaM doesn't have a real hand (with fingers) in desktop mode, do you think we could just hide everything except for the hands, or just one hand then drag it around to massage her body parts with it?

I wish your plugin would allow other body parts too and not just the head. I looked through your plugin but the only other body part name I could guess to add was "Neck." Lol.

It's a fork of a fork, but I don't think it was made on GitHub :) You can probably find it by scouring old posts on Discord...
I don't use discord so I guess I can forget about that one. However, I have managed to figure out how to make only the hands show using your plugin by trial and error. It only works for males though. (Wait... you should already know that. You created it. Haha)

Can I show only one side or it always has to be both at the same time?

Last edited:
I'd have to find it, but you can list all materials on the Daz model (sorry can't tell you how right now, but you should be able to find the code that lists materials), and then you need to decompile and check the shader headers to see what it supports or not. It's a lot of trial and error and fiddling, I know it took me a good while (months?) before I came up with this final solution.

Back
Top Bottom