• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Plug-in to make person look at object

Clocksmith

Reactions
I have a SpawnPoint set up and am trying to set up keyframes with Acid Bubbles Timeline to have a person being animated look at the object I have the SpawnPoint set in. Is there a plug-in to do this? Macgruber's Gaze isn't an option because I need to set head position keyframes in the animation to get the person in the pose I want. Gaze seems to be deactivated as soon as I set a keyframe of any kind for the head.

Solution
You can use Gaze together with Timeline. Gaze only controls head rotation, not head position. Hence you can tell Timeline to only control head position and not rotation. Here, I mean the "Control rotation" checkbox:
You should be able to use the eye target control. Isnt that an option? Or am I misunderstanding the question?

Upvote 0
You can use Gaze together with Timeline. Gaze only controls head rotation, not head position. Hence you can tell Timeline to only control head position and not rotation. Here, I mean the "Control rotation" checkbox:

Upvote 0
Solution
That is huge. I didn't know that. From when I first tried it I always assumed they didn't work together.

Upvote 0

Awesome. That is exactly the type of solution I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom