Question Pick up and hold objects

Aminator

Reactions
Whats the process for using objects like the classroom pointer in VAM? When I use something like that the only way I can get it to work is by parenting to rHand and turning off collision and physics. Whenever I try to turn that stuff on things go badly. The object will float away taking the hand with it or it'll start rotating the arm uncontrollably.

If you do a scene and you want her to pick up the pointer from off the desk and then tap it on the chalk board how would you do it?

That sounds right. You set a trigger to Parent Link something to the hand and then another trigger to unparent it and let go.
Maybe I can share a quick example scene within the hour.

Update:
Here's a crude example scene

Attachments

• grabbing.json
    320.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks I'm downloading now. This will be a big help.

Im also trying to figure out how to activate undress at a certain point in a scene. I found "detach" and activate sim but nothing seems to work. I'm going to try and read up on what save to store means.
The way I thought it would work is I set "activate undress" at the point I want the clothing coming off and then put a reset trigger on the first frame so it starts in sim mode with no undress when I replay from the beginning but none of the options seem to relate.

Upvote 0
Mind that not all clothing is SIM or undressable, so try first with one you know it is.
If it's undressable but it doesn't do much, it could be that there's too much friction, bad angle, etc. You can play with gravity, weight, skin adjustment, etc, until it gives the right flow.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom