• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Physics link turned on/off during animation 🤔

D-Rock

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
subscribestar.adult
Twitter
DeeeR0ck
I have an animation where I want Person 1's arms loose, then grabs and holds Person 2's head (for a blowjob 😅). Is this possible, and if so, how do I achieve it?

The animation you have, how's it made? Timeline, MOCAP, animation pattern?
What kind of VAM animation are you familiar with?

Upvote 0
If you already know the basics of Timeline it shouldn't be difficult to do that.

Interpreting what you mean by loose arm, if you mean it completely loose, dead like, with no control just physics from the body, then you can set triggers for the control points to be off (position state and rotation state), then on again when you need it animated. I take it you know how to move body parts with Timeline animation, so moving a arm to the head of the other person should be easy.

You have at least 2 options to grab and hold a person's head. You can parent/physics link the hand to the head, or the other way around, so that the movement of one pulls the other. The control points change to PL is done with triggers like the above.
Alternatively you can make one's arm movement sync with the other's head movement, and with the right timing it gives the impression of the same grab and pull action. On the first one the physics involved might need tweaking to get it right, on the second you need to time it right.

Is this enough to give you an idea on how to do it in Timeline?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By loose, I mean resting, regular, not parented to another atom or anything. I want it to only be physics linked when I need it to (when the hand reaches the head in the timeline). I figured messing with triggers was the answer, but I don't understand which controls are which/the right ones I need, and how exactly they activate/deactivate. I will try it out now and report back!

Upvote 0
Trigger to change control points is [atom] > [body part] control > Position state (and rotation state).

For a fancier way to trigger to a PL only when the hand reaches the head, you can place a collision trigger on the head filtered for the hand. It's harder to do this, but looks magical when it happens :)

Upvote 0
I'm confused about the whole start actions, transition and end. Which one do the triggers go in? Do I start with the hands physics linked before I add a trigger or? o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here a crude example using Parent Linking:

Timeline and Diving Rod plugins used. Mind the differerent animation times to have Timeline not take over the position of the hand while playing. Other ways to do are very possible.

Attachments

• Kneel-bj.json
    179.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I'm about ready to start looking for alternatives. I was able to change a Person's "look at" control mid-animation using triggers, but trying to use triggers to control the physics link, it just breaks the hand position and it flies way out of place.

Upvote 0
The alternative I mentioned with synchronised animation instead of parent linking will allow you to get a similar result without having to uncontrol body parts.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom