• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Pay a fee to customize the tracker plugin

dongdongdong

Reactions
I hope to customize a plug-in that can directly obtain SlimeVR's tracker data and bind to the joints of characters through the plug-in. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.

Hi, I'm also interested in this because I should get my SlimeVR trackers in about 4 months. If no one contacts you by that date I'll do it myself.
Have you tried if Embody works? They state that "It allows easy and precise full-body tracking using Vive trackers", maybe it works with SlimeVR too.

HI, some friends are developing plug-ins and have made some progress. They will be released after they are completed and tested. I think Vive is a little expensive for ordinary consumers.

At present, SlimeVR can be used through Embody, but it can only be used in the first person. This is the result of my attempt. It can be achieved if it is used for performance, but it cannot be achieved if it is used for the third person scene. Because they are tied to a set of bones with the head display, they need independent plug-ins to bypass SteamVR. The "third person scene" I said above should be the interaction mode I want to elaborate.

@dongdongdong Actually, you don't have to use first person with Embody. In Trackers, you can disable the "head" control (and optionally bind a vive tracker to it) and the Hide Geometry (you don't want to hide the head if you're not inside it). Just in case you didn't notice :)

Let me describe it in another way:
On one computer, user A wears a VR device and user B wears a tracker. User A can watch user B's performance freely.

@dongdongdong Actually, you don't have to use first person with Embody. In Trackers, you can disable the "head" control (and optionally bind a vive tracker to it) and the Hide Geometry (you don't want to hide the head if you're not inside it). Just in case you didn't notice :)
Thank you very much. I'll try again

(y)

Someone wanted to do something similar by attaching vive trackers to a "real doll" (or whatever they are called). Let me know if it worked :)
aha, I'm also trying, but I'm better at researching and making lightweight full-body joint dolls (≈ 5kg, no metal bones), and I'm still modifying details and 3D printing verification

For anyone having issues with their slime trackers, I use slimeVR trackers and was able to successfully get them to work by using ALVR instead of Oculus app's airlink. I load alvr with sidequest then all of a sudden my trackers were finally seen in VAM.

1. I used AcidBubbles Dev Tools & a couple of network apps like currorts and wireshark to keep an eye on TCP & UDP stream data to and from VAM app.
  2. with Acidbubbles plugin i was finally able to see that VAM showed two different rigs, one called OVRRig and one called ViveRig
  3. my computer was using the OVRRig instead of the viveone, so once I began using ALVR it pushed my slimetrackers from the SteamVR app to VAM.

For anyone having issues with their slime trackers, I use slimeVR trackers and was able to successfully get them to work by using ALVR instead of Oculus app's airlink. I load alvr with sidequest then all of a sudden my trackers were finally seen in VAM.

1. I used AcidBubbles Dev Tools & a couple of network apps like currorts and wireshark to keep an eye on TCP & UDP stream data to and from VAM app.
  2. with Acidbubbles plugin i was finally able to see that VAM showed two different rigs, one called OVRRig and one called ViveRig
  3. my computer was using the OVRRig instead of the viveone, so once I began using ALVR it pushed my slimetrackers from the SteamVR app to VAM.
Can you see two sets of trackers? Can they be independently bound to two characters? This is amazing, and I want to know if it's like what I'm describing.

Back
Top Bottom