Question Patreon Content Creator

leeezao

Reactions
If I were to create a Patreon, what am I allowed to post in regards to content? For example, if I post a video of a scene I created, but it uses some someone else's Look which I paid for, am I allowed to use it for my own? How exactly does it work? Am I free to post anything as long as there's some original part of it and not a completely copy or rip-off? What am I not allowed to do?

You can post any stock Vam assets or content.

Every item you download from the hub has a license describing how it can be used. If you reference that content, you need to abide by the lecense. By default, people use "Creative commons" licenses. The terms are explained below.

Var files can be opened with any utility that opens zip files. Inside you'll find a file called "meta.json". Open that with a text editor and you'll see the license.

Or you can open the var inside vam, using the package manager and see the license there.

Most content can be freely referenced in content you share for free, as long ass you credit the creators. But stuff behind a paywall on your Patreon page is considered commercial content, so nothing with an "NC" reference can be referenced in that.

Us moderators routinely delete Hub content that violates licenses. Repeat offenders (and their Patreon pages) get banned.

To stay safe, many creators will maintain a separate Vam installation directory (you can have as many as you want) containing ONLY var files legal to use in their paid content. If you build your package (or record your video) from that Vam version, you can be sure you're not breaking any rules.
cc.png

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom