Question Passthrough, objects can be infront of NPC. Like they can walk behind objects without showing through them.

Battletoad08

Reactions
I wish there was a way the model could be behind your hands, like If I put my hand up in passthrough it is behind them. Like I cant put my hand up in-between myself and the model. It probably isnt possible? I know I could posses a guy but its not the same. if you put anything in between and you the model she appears infront of it.

There is some games that do this, but how do they do it and why cant VAM?

TykeAI does it using unity the same engine but how? look at it on yt
Meta's Depth API to give the effect, which is known as dynamic occlusion in AR/MR terms​

Last edited:
Anyone? Because this would be a huge advance in passthrough and vam.
I guess its the Meta's Depth API to give the effect, which is known as dynamic occlusion in AR/MR terms.
I have no idea how to do anything in unity tho.

Upvote 0
The software isn't there yet. It looks like TykeAI makes a map of your surroundings, probably the "player" included, and this data is communicated with the 3d models to make sure that they interact with each other properly. Passthrough VAM is merely a projection, and everything that isn't in the "VAM world" is treated as a backdrop to be painted over as soon as anything from the "VAM world" gets too close to it.

What you're describing is possible, but it's going to take at a minimum at least a plugin in order for it to work

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom