• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question 3D Printing VAM objects

Bob Nothing

Reactions
Hi, is there a way to convert a scene or a person atom to an STL file for 3D printing?

Also, resin isn't the only kind of printer.
You get get laser sintered powder printing as well as the classic melty-squirty-plastic printers.
They ALL need ventilation or you breath in melted plastic fumes etc which isn't good. Other than an open window I have never needed any real safety equipment for my printers.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have been playing around with vam for a few years and have had an eye on this post. I decided to do my best to make the most amazing things in 2024 and not hold back. So, I am finally printing a model from VAM. Plan: Smooth and repair obj in blender, chop the model for print bed sizing and overhang minimization. Print in vase mode, glue them together, fiberglass them, add mating hardware, cut the model in half and now you have a life size 'jello mold'.

From here it gets really interesting...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hi, I have been playing around with vam for a few years and have had an eye on this post. I decided to do my best to make the most amazing things in 2024 and not hold back. So, I am finally printing a model from VAM. Plan: Smooth and repair obj in blender, chop the model for print bed sizing and overhang minimization. Print in vase mode, glue them together, fiberglass them, add mating hardware, cut the model in half and now you have a life size 'jello mold'.

From here it gets really interesting...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Thoughts?
Looking forward to your results!

Upvote 0
Looking forward to your results!
Results have been... incredible. I have the process down and frankly it is mind boggling to see the characters I have only seen in VR becoming a very real thing.

IMG_1742.jpg
IMG_1743.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom