Particle effects for other purposes.

Aminator

Reactions
I don't know if this is possible but Im curious if particle physics can be used as a bit of a hack to bring things alive.
I was in vr mode with the beach scene around me in skymagic and I realised that the static picture backdrop could look a lot more real if there was just some movement in the photo. For instance there's a crowd of people off in the distance but because pixels aren't changing or moving its obviously a photo.
In the real world you would be able to see movement but not be able to see what's going on.
It would be interesting if you could select areas somehow and set some kind particle like pixel-dancing in that area almost like static on a tv. And maybe in the water too.
Or possibly leaves and branches.
I'm wondering if that would fool the eyes into thinking it's real.

Also I was wondering if it was possible to make a set of slightly transparent curtains with particle physics somehow? If the particles were fairly transparent and moved in a pattern.
Maybe take two image planes and an alpha map and then some sort of particle physics applied to them to dance around.

I don't know if this is possible but Im curious if particle physics can be used as a bit of a hack to bring things alive.
I was in vr mode with the beach scene around me in skymagic and I realised that the static picture backdrop could look a lot more real if there was just some movement in the photo. For instance there's a crowd of people off in the distance but because pixels aren't changing or moving its obviously a photo.
In the real world you would be able to see movement but not be able to see what's going on.
It would be interesting if you could select areas somehow and set some kind particle like pixel-dancing in that area almost like static on a tv. And maybe in the water too.
Or possibly leaves and branches.
I'm wondering if that would fool the eyes into thinking it's real.

Also I was wondering if it was possible to make a set of slightly transparent curtains with particle physics somehow? If the particles were fairly transparent and moved in a pattern.
Maybe take two image planes and an alpha map and then some sort of particle physics applied to them to dance around.
I just added a curtain scene, also have alot of animated CUAs on the hub for background items

I just added a curtain scene, also have alot of animated CUAs on the hub for background items

You've got some cool stuff for some of my scenes.
The sun and moon will be usefully.
It would be nice if there was a whole asset pack of curtains with both animated and static versions.
The only problem is CUA's can only be scaled as a whole so getting them to fit a window and be in the desired position is difficult.
Using the simsheet just seems to taxing on a scene.

Back
Top Bottom