Completed (1.20.1.6) "Panic Button" on/off

TToby

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Sometimes once in a month, I somhow mistakenly press the red "panic button" and switch off VaM in the middle of an unsaved work. I have my UI on the right side and on my way to the figure, those button is in the way. If I click a lot, when doing hair for instance or trying to click a difficult point, I sometimes miss my target and down the drain goes all my previous work.
I bet there are people who like this "quick-OFF" button for some reasons, but maybe we could please add a simple checkbox in the user options to disable it.

Random
Sometimes once in a month, I somhow mistakenly press the red "panic button" and switch off VaM in the middle of an unsaved work. I have my UI on the right side and on my way to the figure, those button is in the way. If I click a lot, when doing hair for instance or trying to click a difficult point, I sometimes miss my target and down the drain goes all my previous work.
I bet there are people who like this "quick-OFF" button for some reasons, but maybe we could please add a simple checkbox in the user options to disable it.
I randomly saw your topic and I also want a confirm shutdown. Meanwhile I will just release some old session plugin I have laying around doing just this https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/confirm-shutdown.2648/ - it's not perfect but works for my desktop and VR settings and might prove useful for others too.

I would be very happy if that button was just completely removed. I'm happy to go into File>Quit or close via Steam VR.

Why would you need a panic button in VR anyways? Maybe for desktop users it makes more sense, but still having that insta-close feels wierd, especially if in desktop you can just alt-f4

Last edited:
I always use the "Panic Button" to quit and never accidentally clicked it. The checkbox in Preferences would be ideal.

I have added user preference to allow disabling the quick Exit button. Will be in next release.

Back
Top Bottom