optimization of vam 2

xxARESxx

Reactions
I want and will buy vam2, but there is a question - do you optimize it well so that the game does not sag after 4 people in the scene and it does not matter what hardware. That is, I want to make a scene where a lot of people participate in it, but I can't because the game sags fps terribly! this is in vam1. I hope you optimize vam2 well so that mass scenes can be done. Good luck with the development!

Not sure, but think you mean “lags”. :)
well, I'll explain: when you add 4 people or more to the scene, the fps drops to 10 or 5 when you start the scene and it's not iron, I have an rtx 4090 card, but at the same time I read that I'm not the only one who has it, most of whom I've talked to and people with 1060 cards and people with cards 2080 in general, I realized that it's not a matter of life, but of optimizing the game and I hope vam2 will be more optimized!

I want and will buy vam2, but there is a question - do you optimize it well so that the game does not sag after 4 people in the scene and it does not matter what hardware. That is, I want to make a scene where a lot of people participate in it, but I can't because the game sags fps terribly! this is in vam1. I hope you optimize vam2 well so that mass scenes can be done. Good luck with the development!
I run 4 people all the time in Vam 1 and even in VR. I do have 64 gig of ram ,but I think I was doing it before the upgrade. I also am running an older i7 CPU that only has 4 cores and 8 threads. I couldn't run 4 people before I installed this CPU Performance patch though. After that it was no problem, with it I can get about 25 to 30 FPS in VR with 4 people. That looks acceptable to me.

I run 4 people all the time in Vam 1 and even in VR. I do have 64 gig of ram ,but I think I was doing it before the upgrade. I also am running an older i7 CPU that only has 4 cores and 8 threads. I couldn't run 4 people before I installed this CPU Performance patch though. After that it was no problem, with it I can get about 25 to 30 FPS in VR with 4 people. That looks acceptable to me.
1. How many males/females
2. Soft body physics on/off?
3. Glute physics on/off?
4. With simulated clothings?
5. With moving hair?
6. How many lights?
7. With environment? Which one?

I mean it's not that easy.

1. How many males/females
2. Soft body physics on/off?
3. Glute physics on/off?
4. With simulated clothings?
5. With moving hair?
6. How many lights?
7. With environment? Which one?

I mean it's not that easy.
Good point and valid questions! Here are the details:
2 females 2 males and sometimes 3 females and 1 male
Soft body off in the "user preference" screen and on in the character "Control & Physics" screen. "High Quality Physics" has to be on. Not sure what that does doing it this way.
Glute physics are on in the Character "Glute Physics" screen.
I frequently use simulated clothing, I avoid some because with soft body off they don't work right. They spend most of their time naked though!
Yes, moving hair. Some hair models though are VERY taxing and I avoid those.
In the scene I am playing in now, I have 4 lights. I used to have to limit it to three in almost all scenes (even with 2 people) but not after using the plug-in.
I have one scene that I use quite a bit that is in Taco Cat's Show room. The one I am building and playing in now (2 females 1 male) has no environment at the moment.

After installing the plug-in and spending a lot of time trying to find the right settings for my older CPU, I have one scene that had 3 females and one male, in Taco Cat's Showroon, setup as a strip club, with about 20 NPC people all around and some furniture. I built it originally with less stuff in it, only 2 people and even had lights turning on and off as different areas of the room were being used. With the plug-in I started adding more people, leaving lights on and can still play with about 25 FPS. Right now, everything is set to work okay at that speed. When I remove things and get 60 FPS or more (not in VR though) the action gets too fast and looks silly. It seems that no matter what I do or get in Desktop mode, I can only get around 30 FPS max in VR, at least with all the stuff I have in most of my scenes.

Hope that helps!
MH

Last edited:
Nice! Impressed at what you can squeeze out of an old 4 core CPU. Thanks for that detailed answer. Seems like that plugin is doing a lot for your system performance.

All I want from VAM 2 is a VR menu that doesn't constantly re-position itself in the least usable position to the point where it's gotta be designed to cause neck strain.

All I want from VAM 2 is a VR menu that doesn't constantly re-position itself in the least usable position to the point where it's gotta be designed to cause neck strain.
In Vam 1 VR the menu appears wherever you are pointing. If you don't like where it is, close it and relocate it.

can you share the settings of THE CPU PATCH with your 4cores and 4threads cpu? My cpu is 12100f(nearly the same scale with yours I guess), but I cant always correctly use the patch to help me get more FPS in system performance.

can you share the settings of THE CPU PATCH with your 4cores and 4threads cpu? My cpu is 12100f(nearly the same scale with yours I guess), but I cant always correctly use the patch to help me get more FPS in system performance.
Here is what I am currently running. Also, I should add that I am running the version 12 model which is downloadable from the 'History" tab at the top of the page. I rolled back when I found that I couldn't create VAR files with the latest 13b version.

[threads]
computeColliders=4
skinmeshPart=4
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=4
applyMorphs=4
applyMorphMaxPerChar=4
#affinity=1,3,5,7
affinity=1,3,5,7

[threadsVR]
computeColliders=4
skinmeshPart=4
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=4
applyMorphs=4
applyMorphMaxPerChar=4
#affinity=1,3,5,7
affinity=1,3,5,7

[profiler]
enabled=0

Here is what I am currently running. Also, I should add that I am running the version 12 model which is downloadable from the 'History" tab at the top of the page. I rolled back when I found that I couldn't create VAR files with the latest 13b version.

[threads]
computeColliders=4
skinmeshPart=4
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=4
applyMorphs=4
applyMorphMaxPerChar=4
#affinity=1,3,5,7
affinity=1,3,5,7

[threadsVR]
computeColliders=4
skinmeshPart=4
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=4
applyMorphs=4
applyMorphMaxPerChar=4
#affinity=1,3,5,7
affinity=1,3,5,7

[profiler]
enabled=0
Thanks for sharing, bro.I'll try it later

No one knows when and if VAM2 will be released... And last demo was slow so I don't have high expectations...

No one knows when and if VAM2 will be released... And last demo was slow so I don't have high expectations...

Then you might want to change your 486DX for a new computer, VAM2 Tech Alpha runs at 750fps at top speed here :p

I have an rtx 4090 card

People should really understand this: over 80% of the games today are not running badly because of the renderer, but because of the logic which mostly includes path finding an AI. You can have twenty 4090 in your PC, if those GPUs are waiting for the CPU bottlenecked by NPC computation, you will still have a low framerate.

VAM is meant to be a simulation. And a top notch one. VAM 2 WILL fuck up your GPU and CPU because it will try to push the boundaries of visual fidelity and physics further. You will still get scenes that run very badly because (most) people releasing content are pretty much clueless about proper optimization.

On the other hand, meshed is planning on having subdivisions options as it is mentionned on the patreon, which will allow creators that knows what they are doing to release scenes that could be optimized for more NPCs.

Finally: you can't ask for a game to break the visual and physical simulation barriers AND have it run at 250fps at 8K in VR. We don't have the tech nor the hardware to do that. DLSS and all those upscaling techniques exists ONLY because we don't have the hardware to compute all the fancy features in realtime.

So no, you won't have a VAM 2, running at 250fps, in a swinger party with 30 people, all animated, physically accurate, and fluid simulation all over the floor.

my guy, ive been trying to figure out the right settings for my old 4 core 8 tread cpu, (i7 4790), and have not been able to figure it out, if you could possibly share what your ini and boot config files are, or what steps you've taken to achieve that you would be a legend

Scroll up a few posts, I posted them for another guy. I think the only file I tuned was the "SkinmeshpartDLL".

I hope that gets you going. I also have an old AMD Ryzen 7 that I can't find the settings for, and it just barely can run the 4 person scene, and it drags at times at that.

Scroll up a few posts, I posted them for another guy. I think the only file I tuned was the "SkinmeshpartDLL".

I hope that gets you going. I also have an old AMD Ryzen 7 that I can't find the settings for, and it just barely can run the 4 person scene, and it drags at times at that.
thanks, i dont know what im doing wrong, mabey there is just too much latency in my mobo i have enough ram, and gpu is a little dated but in. i also got the shadow pc boost, and that runs better but ive not found anything on that and how to optimize it, its 4 cores and 8 threads out of a commercial 32 core amd epyc

thanks, i dont know what im doing wrong, mabey there is just too much latency in my mobo i have enough ram, and gpu is a little dated but in. i also got the shadow pc boost, and that runs better but ive not found anything on that and how to optimize it, its 4 cores and 8 threads out of a commercial 32 core amd epyc
Hey, I was just reminded that I did modify the Boot config file. I just used the info they had in the instructions on the overview page. I have no idea if that is right, but I don't recall seeing any real instructions on what all that meant. Here is what I used.

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-disable-mt-rendering=0
wait-for-native-debugger=0
gc-max-time-slice=3
job-worker-count=12
single-instance=1

Then you might want to change your 486DX for a new computer, VAM2 Tech Alpha runs at 750fps at top speed here :p

People should really understand this: over 80% of the games today are not running badly because of the renderer, but because of the logic which mostly includes path finding an AI. You can have twenty 4090 in your PC, if those GPUs are waiting for the CPU bottlenecked by NPC computation, you will still have a low framerate.

VAM is meant to be a simulation. And a top notch one. VAM 2 WILL fuck up your GPU and CPU because it will try to push the boundaries of visual fidelity and physics further. You will still get scenes that run very badly because (most) people releasing content are pretty much clueless about proper optimization.

On the other hand, meshed is planning on having subdivisions options as it is mentionned on the patreon, which will allow creators that knows what they are doing to release scenes that could be optimized for more NPCs.

Finally: you can't ask for a game to break the visual and physical simulation barriers AND have it run at 250fps at 8K in VR. We don't have the tech nor the hardware to do that. DLSS and all those upscaling techniques exists ONLY because we don't have the hardware to compute all the fancy features in realtime.

So no, you won't have a VAM 2, running at 250fps, in a swinger party with 30 people, all animated, physically accurate, and fluid simulation all over the floor.
Thanks for the answer! Do you know when approximately the release date for vam 2 is planned? I was looking for information about something but there was silence everywhere about this. I'm just getting started and would like to say thank you for vam plugins, they really help a lot and make vam experience amazing!

Thanks for the answer! Do you know when approximately the release date for vam 2 is planned? I was looking for information about something but there was silence everywhere about this. I'm just getting started and would like to say thank you for vam plugins, they really help a lot and make vam experience amazing!

I'm glad you appreciate them! Thank you very much :)

Nope! Meshed is the sole guardian of VAM 2 ETA, and for now, the only ETA we got (even internally) is "when it's done".
And even if we had a specific date internally, it would still be "when it's done" publicly :p

I'm glad you appreciate them! Thank you very much :)

Nope! Meshed is the sole guardian of VAM 2 ETA, and for now, the only ETA we got (even internally) is "when it's done".
And even if we had a specific date internally, it would still be "when it's done" publicly :p
I would also like to say to you and everyone who develops.... thank you so much! you actually made the dream of all gamers come true by making a game in which you can practically do whatever you want and there are no restrictions, you did something that companies with multi-million dollar budgets cannot do - namely, I have never seen such well-developed realistic and visually cool characters in more than one game! after vam you go into the same cyberpunk and your eyes fall out of the characters, how bad they look compared to vam the characters! I’m even afraid to imagine what will happen in vam2:)

I would also like to say to you and everyone who develops.... thank you so much! you actually made the dream of all gamers come true by making a game in which you can practically do whatever you want and there are no restrictions, you did something that companies with multi-million dollar budgets cannot do - namely, I have never seen such well-developed realistic and visually cool characters in more than one game! after vam you go into the same cyberpunk and your eyes fall out of the characters, how bad they look compared to vam the characters! I’m even afraid to imagine what will happen in vam2:)

Thank you! All this goes back to @meshedvr . The team is composed of mostly moderators and community managers, meshedvr is the brain behind every line of code. I'm helping out for the sound for VAM2, but nobody can't take credits for VAM 1.x or 2... so it's even crazier if you ask me ;)

VAM2 Tech Alpha runs at 750fps at top speed here
Good for you. For me it runs 70. I think it's slower than VAM1 and doesn't look that great. And software tends to become slower and slower as more and more functionality is added. So...

Good for you.

That wasn't a d... contest, just mentionning something is wrong on your end.

For me it runs 70. I think it's slower than VAM1 and doesn't look that great. And software tends to become slower and slower as more and more functionality is added. So...

Unless you have a really old PC (and by "really" I mean 15yo at least), you shouldn't run at 70. VAM2 Tech alpha, has zero physics, a bare skinning, and pretty much only baked environments.

I tested it on 1660Ti, the thing runs smooth AF over 100fps.

If you have a current gen PC, something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom