One hand mode embody plugin idea.

Kelnor

Reactions
Basic idea:
Two Event triggers, one per hand (probably bound to hand controller buttons)
When activated: the hand and arm of the embodied character begins a… animation specific to their genitalia, it simultaneously disables hand tracking for that controller in embody. Second trigger disables the animation and resumes hand tracking. I suppose this could be no hand mode too.

I imagine the hard part would be having the animation having no control over the rest of the scene. And scenes would likely have to support it so they don’t override the animation. Maybe it’s worth embody having a way for a creator to ask if embody is handling a specific limb’s tracking or not?

Now that I think about it. The best option is have Embody add integration options for the scene based on tracking modes.
Ie the scene creator is informed if the player activates tracking on specific nodes to adjust their animations and the scene creator can tell embody which nodes they explicitly support tracking on and embody could use user prefs to auto activate tracking (The user specifies which tracking options they want and embody auto enables and disables them as they become available per the scene creator.)
The user could also tell embody to stop tracking a node and embody would then inform the scene creator to retake control of the node (or start playing a different animation.

I wonder if a scene creator could provide a “maximum offset from where the animation says that node should be” per node, ie animation key off the “z”, if you know what I mean, but cap x and y to let you have some control without breaking the animation.

You could go and look for "VAM.I.S.S Boom boom level 001"
Once you are in embody, there are 2 buttons that let you "Free" your hands. could look it up.
Or
could always use VAM's Embody and disable rhand or lhand on the model you want to use.
hope this helps.

I think I ended up deciding that integrating VAMTimeline and Embody is probably better. Maybe not for this particular case but overall.
That's a lot more difficult but I might try to do it.

Back
Top Bottom