• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Oculus Quest Controllers inactive within a scene

Aged_one

Reactions
Sorry to be a noob (which I am). I have been trying to play this content: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/draeinei-female-pov-fpov-blowjob-thigh-fuck-and-face-fuck.3571/ and a few others. I use Oculus Quest through PC Link. VAM is installed OK on my PC.

The controllers do not select the in-scene menus in this (and many other) scenes. I can bring up the main menu, and I can select the Back Button within the scene. But nothing else triggers, no matter what button mashing I try.
Generally I have no issue with the controllers in other VR applications.

I can access and use the system menus OK. I'm running VAM 1.20.1.5. Might I be missing a dependency?

I would appreciate any help from the experts! Many thanks! :)
PS - I do not need to have SteamVR active for Virt-a-Mate.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm thinking that maybe the button itself works, but what the button _does_ may not trigger because of an error or a missing dependency. So:

1. Clear your error message log and load the scene. Do you have any errors?
2. Click on a Play button. Any errors now?
3. Do you have a recent (or the most recent) version of Timeline installed?
4. Do you have a recent (or the most recent) version of VaM?

We'll figure it out :)

OK thank you for your reply! The Scene is now working fine.
I do have the latest VAM, and I went through the Error Log in detail (and fixed a few things). But I believe the reason was the Weebu Cock Rings dependency. I had a lot of trouble locating that, and made the fatal assumption the Scene would play without it (after all, just a couple of rings...).
I found the dependency today and plugged it in. It works perfectly now!
Sorry to be such an idiot, but on the other hand thanks for an amazing piece of work! (y)

You are welcome! Like you, I was surprised that a single dependency might cause a controller problem. But that is the only change I can register for your Scene. Perhaps I was missing a completely separate plugin of some sort, and I happened to have added it since I originally listed the problem. I have been acquiring some stuff since arriving on VAM. Anyhow, all sorted. :)

Back
Top Bottom