oculus controller as a camera

lookizm

Reactions
hello, would it be possible to control camera with hand controller in non-vr mode? i mean so i could just move camera with hand controller
im beginner into vam and its really complicated for me, i can't find satisfying and easy way to animate camera movement

if this is not possible could you please suggest other (simple) way to move camera for recording?

i can't find satisfying and easy way to animate camera movement
I assume this is for making a video and not for "playing", right?

There is a WindowCamera atom in VaM, unless explictly deleted, every scene should have one. You can just animate that atom through all the usual means of animation in VaM and later (in Desktop mode, where you have max performance) record it as a video.

I usually simply use an AnimationPattern for this kind of animation. Like when I just want some slow camera pan. You can also motion-capture and/or use Timeline, of course. You said you want to use the VR controller, that's motion-capture. You can look at the various motion-capture tutorials, the difference is only that instead of possessing the character, you possess the WindowCamera atom and record it's movement.
In my list of tutorials there is a 2-part on video recording. While it does not focus on the animation itself, there are various helpful tips, including how to use VaM's physics to stablize/smooth the camera ride, kind of like a steady-cam rig you would use for this in real life. That's something you really want for motion captured camera movement.

Example video here. The first half is a camera animated by AnimationPattern. The second half, the first-person part, is live capture in desktop mode, I just moved the camera with the mouse, which is why it's a bit janky. (Video was made as an ad for this scene, if you were wondering)

Back
Top Bottom