Oculus link cable

Nutakutroll

Reactions
Does anyone know how to use the oculus link cable for Vam? I cant figure it out im kind of new to vr stuff.

I installed the Oculus Link app on my PC and when you boot up the headset
it will ask for permission to access through Oculus Link app and you click yes.
No need to load the app, it's running in the background.
You might need Steam VR. It depends on your system.
Hope that helps

I've the quest2 and use oculus link with VAM. Install the desktop Oculus application on your PC. When you boot the Quest2, connect the USB-C cable and it should prompt you to open Oculus link connection. You'll see your desktop oculus application autoload before this occurs.

To get the library icon in your app library, open a desktop window from your oculus app main page and run the VAM_updater.exe. Click the Launch VR button. It will launch you into VAM in VR and the next time you want to run it, you'll have an Icon in your library.

I've tried the several different options with the quest2, including the wireless link, steamVR and even purchased the Virtual Desktop application and used it for a bit. Meta has improved the oculus link option fairly well. you should use the shortest cable you can get and something that's a USB 3.2 gen 1 minimal certified one if you're not using a branded link cable. I continue to use the oculus link as my primary solution.

One wishes that Meta didn't cheap out on the 5 MB/s USB 3.2 Gen1 connection on the Quest 2 for that interface.

Back
Top Bottom