Oculus Apartment scene

Scenes Oculus Apartment scene

incuboy

Reactions
incuboy submitted a new resource:

Oculus Apartment, styalized - A scene for Jiraiya's Oculus Apartment port!

Hello my VaM friends!
Time for another upload. This time, a scene!

This is just really a save file, with a few pieces cleaned and added, such as lighting and floors (I did the best I could, you'll probably notice a hiccup here or two!) for convenience. The asset itself is linked here, and was ported by Jiraiya! The...

Read more about this resource...

If I wasn't so lazy I would have done this myself.
Actually, it was a deliberate decision to not put a scene in this time. I am of the opinion that assets and looks do not need to include a scene in the same var as the resources. It's just annoying that you can't delete the scene.
If I bother to work on this more, I will fix the missing floor in Unity so it doesn't need to be added afterwards.

If I wasn't so lazy I would have done this myself.
Actually, it was a deliberate decision to not put a scene in this time. I am of the opinion that assets and looks do not need to include a scene in the same var as the resources. It's just annoying that you can't delete the scene.
If I bother to work on this more, I will fix the missing floor in Unity so it doesn't need to be added afterwards.
Oh please, there's no need! Already have you done the most work of all: actually porting it over. Thanks again for doing what you do, it's splendid work!

Thanks for the compliments, but the real work was done by the original modeller and artists, we all know that.
The missing floor bugs me, but I understand why it was left out of the model, you can never see it in the Quest headset!

I love porting cool assets into VaM but the original artists deserve the praise.

What I REALLY want is to work out how to get a live video working in Unity. I managed to get a preloaded video (Inkopolis Plaza) that played on loop, but I would love to be able to capture a video device like a webcam and display inside the asset. Imagine having a monitor in the scene that shows your IRL webcam feed, you could watch what's going on in your play space for "safety", or use a capture card to bring a live video stream from your cable box etc in for watching real TV inside a comfy VaM living space.
I also have a bit to work out how the audio/listeners thing works as I still haven't managed to get the sound for the Inkopolis plaza video to work without playing it as a mp3 inside VaM.

Back
Top Bottom