Question Now that Daz3D has announced and is selling Gen 9, how will this impact VAM's promise to import Gen 8 models?

Joe6Pack

Reactions
I'm not buying any Gen 9 stuff now, might not ever, as Gen 8 is pretty close to real enough for me. But what affect, if any, does this have on VAM's 2.0 road map?

Certainly, it won't mean that 2.0 will support Gen 9, but does the existence of Gen 9 impact the roadmap and proposed delivery of VAM 2.0 at all?

Thanks

I'm going to say "No" even though I have no technical knowlege and background to support the claim, but because G9 doesn't break what exists for G8, just like any other GX doesn't break anything about G2.

Upvote 0
Meshed has said on Discord that :
It will take us some time to look at [Gen 9], and I'm not going to prioritize that over other work that needs to be done. Genesis 8 will be the main initial figures used because there is already a ton of content for it. I do think it very likely G9 will be able to be used as well. Based on what they did show I think it will be a really good figure to use in 2.X. The only question would be if there is some weird compatibility issue, but I really doubt that because [Daz] have gotten better about having their stuff work in game engines. It became a priority to them a few years back..

If you do a discord search for "from: meshedvr#9419 in: 2_x genesis 9" you'll find a bnch of other comments from him regarding Gen 9.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom