Question noob question about moving clothes with mouse and keyboard

Reactions
have stopped VAM for a year and playing it again ytd, and recall that there is a plugin script as below that allows us to move clothes with mouse and keyboard

move objects in the Z axis with mouse and keyboard

However after added it into session, it doesn't load and work, does anyone know what is the problem and help on this? appreciate it

There was a lot going on during the last year. Some plugins are getting incompatible due to some security patches.
(There were some "funny" guys deleting your entire VaM folder by just clicking on some fake plugins, aso).
Maybe the creator of the plugin can repair it, maybe not. You could maybe contact him directly.
Unfortunately (no, not really) I am using VaM only in VR, and therefore I can't help you with possible alternative plugins. Maybe some other users can. *push*

Upvote 0
There was a lot going on during the last year. Some plugins are getting incompatible due to some security patches.
(There were some "funny" guys deleting your entire VaM folder by just clicking on some fake plugins, aso).
Maybe the creator of the plugin can repair it, maybe not. You could maybe contact him directly.
Unfortunately (no, not really) I am using VaM only in VR, and therefore I can't help you with possible alternative plugins. Maybe some other users can. *push*

Alright, thanks anyway for your response and appreciate it!

Upvote 0
If you are talking about prestigis DesktopClothGrab plugin, it still works (not 100%, but both versions 20191221 & 20200104 works).
-it probably requires revisit/update to new input change or rebind to different key (to be able to drag around person)

You can only ALT+mouse drag left/right or up/down, but can't use ALT+direction (WASD) to drag front/back/around anymore
Because of input changes inside desktopMode with v1.20.77.x, on prior v1.20.1.6 plugin still works normally (i think, can't remember).
So basically you can't use modifier key CRTL/ALT or SHIFT+WASD at the same time, i just locks any movement (that's why it doesn't work 100% anymore).

also i don't load plugin as scene/session...i usually load it on person atom

Upvote 0
If you are talking about prestigis DesktopClothGrab plugin, it still works (not 100%, but both versions 20191221 & 20200104 works).
-it probably requires revisit/update to new input change or rebind to different key (to be able to drag around person)

You can only ALT+mouse drag left/right or up/down, but can't use ALT+direction (WASD) to drag front/back/around anymore
Because of input changes inside desktopMode with v1.20.77.x, on prior v1.20.1.6 plugin still works normally (i think, can't remember).
So basically you can't use modifier key CRTL/ALT or SHIFT+WASD at the same time, i just locks any movement (that's why it doesn't work 100% anymore).

also i don't load plugin as scene/session...i usually load it on person atom

Thanks for the swift reply, will try it, thanks.(y)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the swift reply, will try it, thanks.(y)
You can still edit .cs yourself inside notepad++
Code:
protected KeyCode grabKey = KeyCode.LeftAlt; //key to use for grabbing, default: KeyCode.LeftAlt
change LeftAlt keybind to something else (you can set it to LeftShift, but that speeds up movement, so maybe something else like B )
than you can use B+WASD+mousedrag around person, just an idea ;)

also scroll in/out or right click rotate works even without keybind change
personally i got used to it by now, semi-working with only 2 directions 😆

Upvote 0
You can still edit .cs yourself inside notepad++
Code:
protected KeyCode grabKey = KeyCode.LeftAlt; //key to use for grabbing, default: KeyCode.LeftAlt
change LeftAlt keybind to something else (you can set it to LeftShift, but that speeds up movement, so maybe something else like B )
than you can use B+WASD+mousedrag around person, just an idea ;)

also scroll in/out or right click rotate works even without keybind change
personally i got used to it by now, semi-working with only 2 directions 😆

Hmm, quite a useful tip and it's working in someway, thanks a lot for the advice really!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom