Newcomer asks, if I want to paste female skins for male characters to use, what software should I use to change them?

nokisaki

Banned User
Reactions
Twitter
chnzxun9
Patreon
Nokisaki
VaM 2022_7_24 4_33_52.png
由@dnaddr

you probably checked it on mobile, reddit blocks some content to force you to install their app. you can bypass that by changing the url to i.reddit.com instead of www.reddit.com

but here's what the answer there said:

Yes, in DAZ3D. If you copy the UV sets from female to male, you can use the Genesis 2 female skins on males and vice versa. This tool makes it a lot easier and it is free: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33957/uv-setter-for-genesis-2-revised-and-updated.

Load a Genesis 2 male figure, use the preset for Genesis 2 female, put the female skin on the male figure under "surface" and then use the DAZ "Map Transfer Utility" to transfer the skin maps to Genesis 2 male or M6. Here is how it works: https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-The-Map-Transfer-Utility-368686796 .

At the first setup it is a bit fiddly and time consuming, but if you have saved the settings, it will be a lot faster on following runs.

BUT: The male genitals are a real problem!! So the female has no penis textures, you have to make your own. This is a small workaround: Load the converted female skin body texture in Photoshop, load the penis texture and the male body texture, too. Now put the male texture over the female texture and erase everything but the hips-genital area and the anus area, where the male penis will connect. Now adjust the Hue and Color (CRT+U) and match it with the female skin (remember all changes carefully). Use a soft eraser to erase the seams and to blend it with the underlying texture. Now do exactly all of the Hue and Color changes you made to the remains of the male texture to the penis texture, too. Ready. This needs a bit of practice, but it is doable. Contrary to this, I found it nearly impossible to match the penis texture to the female body texture.

Back
Top Bottom