NavgatePlayInVam

Plugins NavgatePlayInVam

I'm looking into integrating it with AnimationPoser. Walking between different positions is a VERY important part of what I want to accomplish, and it is basically the one missing piece to create a sort of The Sims, where the characters can walk around the house and do stuff on their own. Is it possible that we could work on a unified plugin, or an api integration?

For clarification, AnimationPoser is a state machine manager. Each animation acts as a different state, so the character can switch between "showering", "cooking", etc, animations. This already works quite well. The difficulty is walking between the shower and the kitchen, etc. So your plugin provides the walking transitions, my plugin provides the state machine.

Due to the Timeline mechanism.
It is a bit difficult to move correctly through Timeline.
It can be forced to change the displacement to move, but it is prone to incoordination.

That issue is specifically one of the reasons I created a new animation plugin. The control atom can be animated seamlessly, without interfering in the other controllers.

I'm looking into integrating it with AnimationPoser. Walking between different positions is a VERY important part of what I want to accomplish, and it is basically the one missing piece to create a sort of The Sims, where the characters can walk around the house and do stuff on their own. Is it possible that we could work on a unified plugin, or an api integration?

For clarification, AnimationPoser is a state machine manager. Each animation acts as a different state, so the character can switch between "showering", "cooking", etc, animations. This already works quite well. The difficulty is walking between the shower and the kitchen, etc. So your plugin provides the walking transitions, my plugin provides the state machine.
Absolutely. Look forward to cooperating with you, no matter which way is ok. But I think my current plugin implementation is not good, belongs to the early version.

PluginIdea updated NavgatePlayInVamEarly with a new update entry:

NavgatePlay Update. BugFix + NewMode

Very Sorry, The last update overwrites the previous free version(I didn't fully understand the mechanism).So I republish this update(Feedback from users).
This will also be the last free version of the plugin (the bugs have been fixed and the high demand has been completed).

This later direction will develop into a behavior tree-like editing plug-in (you can make advanced AI), as one of my supporters did, but it will take time.

The content of this time:

1. Fix a bug that can't navgate...

Read the rest of this update entry...

As this is now behind your patreon paywall it should be marked as paid not free
yea,I reuploaded it (I had a misunderstanding about the plugin's update mechanism) and I'm sorry for that. I will upload a new one in the paid area when I next update (I intended to keep the free version).:(

In the plan, but in possession mode it doesn't play the action, it just simply moves toward the target so that it's compatible with possession mode(It's compatible with your action ).
I have managed to walk with navgate, using navgate play with embody. the embody in passenger mode and selecting "user driver rotation". but in navgate you have to select the two boxes "auto enter edit mode" and "force to navgate mode" because if not you hardly move your head. but every time you start to walk he makes an open arms gesture that doesn't look very good

I have trouble navigating in the scene with the mouse when using futa/male characters. For female it works ok. Does it happen to anyone else?

The steps I'm doing are basically: add navgateplay.cslist to the characters, and then click on "switch navgateplay mode".

Also, the animation gets messed up if you have a taller characters. Would anyone know if there's a workaround to that?

Last edited:
PluginIdea updated NavgatePlayInVam with a new update entry:

Fix some known bug. misoperation is reduced. The function of HangOut is optimized.

Fixed several Bugs.

Operation and experience optimization :

1. Walking now specifies the ground. In this way, when we click on a non-ground object, the navigation will not be triggered. Misoperation is avoided.

1.png

2. The hang out mode has been optimized...

PluginIdea updated NavgatePlayInVam (自由行走) with a new update entry:

I plan to re-optimize this plug-in. Bring two new models.

1. Bring two new mode:
View attachment 233553
Path KeyPoint Mode : Let the characters walk in a circle along the specified path.
View attachment 233556

Follow Mode : People always follow the camera or themselves (VRMode).
View attachment 233557

2. Some operation processes and functions are optimized.
3. Some fixes of known bugs.

I love the direction this login is taking with the new path keypoint mode though how do I draw a path fir the atom to walk? I know I'm being a complete noob but I can't seem to draw a custom line

I love the direction this login is taking with the new path keypoint mode though how do I draw a path fir the atom to walk? I know I'm being a complete noob but I can't seem to draw a custom line
Select the ground,Then Alt+ click with the left mouse button on the ground.I will post a detailed tutorial later.

How do we completely remove this plugin and it's influence on a person? I like it and find it very useful but after using it, then trying to remove it's affect and run a mocap, the controls are seen to move but the person doesn't move with the mocap. Thanks

Select the ground,Then Alt+ click with the left mouse button on the ground.I will post a detailed tutorial later.
Thank you so much it works great this has so much potential, Is there a way or do you plan to make a way we can trigger a marker within time line so the character atom would walk from point A to B then carry on with its animation so it would all be done in timeline like the walk marker could be a target to select in timeline?

I've just found out about this plugin and was able to test it briefly, so far with no issues. Thanks for the youtube tutorial which explains the basics. I've got a question regarding the compatibility with timeline. I do animate in VAM using timeline and this plugin would be really useful in many occasions if I could setup the walk path and then switch to the windowcamera / embody and once have everything ready to record the animation trigger it with a keyboard shortcut so that the person starts walking. In a similar way I do work in timeline where I have keyboard shortcuts for "play" the current layer animation. Is this possible already here and I missed it, or could this be added as a feature in the future releases? Thanks again for sharing this plugin with us, hope to see more great innovative plugins from you in the future!

one last note: would be cool to be able to choose from some walk presets e.g. basic male/female walk, confident, scared, aware male/female walk and so on... For starters would be nice to see anything and with time you could offer more - maybe make it then exclusive for supporters only or whatever.

Cheers!

How do we completely remove this plugin and it's influence on a person? I like it and find it very useful but after using it, then trying to remove it's affect and run a mocap, the controls are seen to move but the person doesn't move with the mocap. Thanks

Try to press "reload" in the plugin tab section on the plugin and after reloading just delete it.

Tried that and everything else and nothing graceful works. It could be time for a vam refresh if no one else has the same issue.

Tried that and everything else and nothing graceful works. It could be time for a vam refresh if no one else has the same issue.
I just started using this plugin an hour ago and I do use it in combination with timeline only.
So I might get into some issues later on, but so far it's been working as needed.

Idk if this plugin was intended to work with mocaps anims.

This plugin doesn't do anything!

I added it to the girl, set the floor, but when I click around, nothing happens!

I tried all the modes, tried switching back and forth to edit.

Nothing happens at all.

How do I activate it? How do I get her to walk around??

Back
Top Bottom