• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Moving person with Action trigers

rabbit1qaz

Reactions
Hi is there a way to move person from its current point to point +eg 50cm(or sth like that ) with X axis with Actions ?? Maybe with Timeline ?

You can move person by animating root node (control), no? Unless you mean something else.
Just animate Person/Control and you should be able to move it.
controlAP.jpg
controlTimeline.jpg

Upvote 0
But how can i setup timeline for this? if i set control as Target, and eg i put target at (0,0) point, then at 2 sec of animation i move it to (200,0) , but If i change person location to other point of scene and than start animation, Person is move to (200,0) point. So how to set it to move from any position to +50cm in x axis but from position it was placed .

Upvote 0
But how can i setup timeline for this? if i set control as Target, and eg i put target at (0,0) point, then at 2 sec of animation i move it to (200,0) , but If i change person location to other point of scene and than start animation, Person is move to (200,0) point. So how to set it to move from any position to +50cm in x axis but from position it was placed .

This is a topic of strong interest to me! However, I have failed to find any combination of combining animation patterns, timeline, and triggers, that doesn't result in movement resetting or people flinging themselves off to infinity.

Also, stairs. In Unity, just move a capsule collider character controller into a slope, character goes up. Other side of this - gravity is constant, so that if there's no collision below, character falls. In VAM, gravity only applies when position is off, and as Passenger and native possession don't mix, you can't force the character down (or up, for some kind of forced "use staircase" animation.

Essentially, I don't believe the kind of control you're talking about is currently possible, but I hope that someone will develop a magic plugin to resolve this at done point... probably Acidbubbles.

Upvote 0

I Timeline I would try to trigger detach and attach the root control in the right moment.
One Possibility:
0.00s trigger detach root control.
0.01s move the root control to opposite direction (for example -1.0 x) and trigger attach root control
0.99s move the root control to +1.0x and trigger detach root control
1.00s move the root control to 1.0 x and trigger attach root control

Not sure how this would look, but should move the person to 1.0x relative to its origin direction. I you want to move relative to world tere is an option in timeline thats called "lock..."

Upvote 0
You can also have a character actually walk. You can either use Timeline or IdlePoser plugins. But its time-consuming to setup and will always look slightly robotic.

@MacGruber Is it possible somehow (if not could you make) to differentiate actio for key press and key release ? eg if i press R arrow then it play some animation , but if i release key it call other action (eg stop current played animation). That way we could press butto to start moving and on release stop it. :)

PS: If im right using Clone Atom shortcut do not work for Sphere triggers. It coppy sphere coretcly, all actions seem ok, but spheree do not trigger anyting.

@unbeareably horny trigger spheres cane be used for things like pits to simulate gravity. also you can use it on stairs and that Duplicate Atom key bind from MacGruber plugin would greatly improve time need for that :) if it onl work ;) .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@MacGruber Is it possible somehow (if not could you make) to differentiate actio for key press and key release ? eg if i press R arrow then it play some animation , but if i release key it call other action (eg stop current played animation). That way we could press butto to start moving and on release stop it. :)
Obviously you can create VaM trigger signals from key presses. E.g. using Acid's Keybindings plugin or a few lines of code in your own small plugin. However, the big question is what do you do when you interrupted the animation? You are probably in the middle between two steps, so you need some other animation to get into a valid position.

In video games you usually have a character controller that selects from hundreds of tiny animation pieces (starts, stops, walking, strafing, turning, etc.....with several variations for each of those to prevent visual repetition) and connects them all together into what is needed to get to a position. All these animations need so called "root motion", which indicates how much the root node of the character needs to move with each animation so the next animation is started at the new position. In more advanced systems there is some ahead planning going on, like adjusting the length of steps slightly to make the character reach an intended position precisely.

Neither Timeline nor IdlePoser are really intended for this. I think some years back someone build such a controller plugin for VaM, probably ported something existing from the Unity Store, and used some free video game animations. You might need to search, probably on Reddit somewhere. Anyway, that thing would of course not be compatible with other animations you do in VaM...it would be a major effort to make it all easily compatible.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom