Move person root control without moving the person?

Battletoad08

Reactions
Im my scene im making the girl I want to make dance starts off with scene timeline animations sitting with the guy and doing various stuff. Then after making her stand, when I activate the acidbubbles vamtimeline plugin she warps into a different place and starts the dance. I need her to do the dance exactly where she is when the plugin is enabled. Is that possible? If not I guess I cant do it this way?

If I click detach the person root control I can move the root control, but soon as I click re attach the person moves to it. If I could move that root control around I could place it in a spot where the person doesnt get dragged to a new spot when the acidbubble timeline is enabled. I cant see tho figure it out. My girl stands up 2 feet from the guy and then when I have the plugin enabled she warps 3 feet away and starts to dance there. Id like her to stay where she is and start dancing.

Animations are sometimes a bit tricky. Maybe try to edit the root of the sitting pose before starting the animation. If nothing else works, there was an old plugin on Reddit called MovePoseWithoutRoot. https://directory.vamresources.com/ search for "root". Move the root to the point where the animation starts, then move the pose with that plugin and save this as preset or new pose... aso.
There was an other plugin doing the opposite like moving the root without pose, tool, but I forgot the name.

I found a work around for now but had to remake the first part of the animation. Deselect all nodes except the head and drag the girl where you want her, the root control wont follow. Pose her how you want and and start an animation. You need to try to get it close to the position of the root to the person of the animation you used so it wont warp anywhere. It was a little trial and error with a short start hand recorded animation.

I hope this makes sense to people lol. It would be easier tho to just move the root control without moving the person.

I found a work around for now but had to remake the first part of the animation. Deselect all nodes except the head and drag the girl where you want her, the root control wont follow. Pose her how you want and and start an animation. You need to try to get it close to the position of the root to the person of the animation you used so it wont warp anywhere. It was a little trial and error with a short start hand recorded animation.

I hope this makes sense to people lol. It would be easier tho to just move the root control without moving the person.
You also could have just made a subscene with the new pose. As an added benefit, you can approach what controls to bind in timeline with no conflicts to the other animations.

I may found another solution: Go to the acid Timeline Plugin, select a animation unter TAB Animation, then TAB Targets, then select on the right side controlle and uncheck Position and Rotation. I can move the Person then free.

Back
Top Bottom