Merging scenes while keeping the appearance

Sunny74

Reactions
If I do have several scenes which are part of one big scene / story, from the same creator, is there any chance to put them together into one scene without going to the next scene in the scene browser? And is there any plug-in which would help me to keep the same appearance all over the scenes, after I put them together?

I never tried it but in theory something like this should work:
- load scene A
- add a subscene "subsceneA" and go to subscene tab, click Add all loose
- turn off subsceneA
- open main UI > File Open/Save > Merge Load scene and load scene B
-add a subscene "subsceneB" and go to subscene tab, click Add all loose

Now you should have both sceneA and sceneB in your scene and you can move them around or toggle them using their parent atoms, subsceneA and subsceneB.

Doing that though might break some things in those scene or cause performance issues.

And is there any plug-in which would help me to keep the same appearance all over the scenes
What do you mean?

The above method may work depending on how the scene is built, and that is the problem. A scene can be built in countless ways, attempts to merge them may work well enough, or break a few things, or just be a nightmare.
Experience in scene making can give you an idea of how much work it would be to get a fully working scene from merging multiple scenes. If you don't have that experience, the process will definitely give you some as you need to break it down and put it back together. This is a excellent method to learn something, and if you're planning to do VaM content at some point this can be a project for you, you'll definitely learn a lot.

As your question is about keeping appearances between scenes, you can do this by locking the appearance - preset locks:
However, this has downsides too, if a new scene has different clothing on the person, the appearance lock will not load them.

I never tried it but in theory something like this should work:
- load scene A
- add a subscene "subsceneA" and go to subscene tab, click Add all loose
- turn off subsceneA
- open main UI > File Open/Save > Merge Load scene and load scene B
-add a subscene "subsceneB" and go to subscene tab, click Add all loose

Now you should have both sceneA and sceneB in your scene and you can move them around or toggle them using their parent atoms, subsceneA and subsceneB.

Doing that though might break some things in those scene or cause performance issues.

What do you mean?

I'm not sure but I thought at a time I stumbled over a plug-in, that keeps the appearance (Look, cloth, size) when you moving from Secen a to B.

Back
Top Bottom