Morph Finder

Plugins Morph Finder

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

Morph Finder - Find morphs that affect a selected vertex

This plugin allows finding all morphs that move a selected vertex in a given direction.

Disclaimer: Haven't taken the time to polish this one much so it's missing a lot of features. Wanted to at least get it out there in case it helps someone.

Usage
  1. Add to a model
  2. Hover over a vertex
  3. Two modes of operation:
    1. Tap Left Ctrl to get a list of morphs that affect the selected vertex.
    2. Hold Left Ctrl and move the mouse to set a search...

Read more about this resource...

does it look only active morphs or all you have in vam ? If second could you add some checkbox to search only active one? if it search only active coul you add checkbox to search also all morphs :D ?

PS: seeem super cool with all that morps and problem to find that one that solve that little f...kin folded area :D

Soooo, where exactly is said list of morphs supposed to be shown? Plugin is on person atom, reset person atom to default pose, both tapping left-CTRL and holding it do in fact show green line, but upon releasing CTRL nothing happens. Tried while showing Female Morphs tab in UI but nothing changes there either. What am I missing?

Soooo, where exactly is said list of morphs supposed to be shown? Plugin is on person atom, reset person atom to default pose, both tapping left-CTRL and holding it do in fact show green line, but upon releasing CTRL nothing happens. Tried while showing Female Morphs tab in UI but nothing changes there either. What am I missing?

Should show up in the plugin UI. If it's not there, let me know cause something may have broken

Ithink that good addition would be to show only active morphs. Can it show more than 50 search result (with thousands of Var its quite low ).

Can you add some checkbox to search only in Morph/Pose/All morps :)

Another cool feature would be to allow us to check/uncheck Favorit on list of found morphs. Other than that i need to search for that morph manualy to set it favorit on default morph list.

Last edited:
Hey, when I hover my mouse cursor over any bodypart the heap grows like 1gb every full second, if I hover over anything other than the person atom this is added on, the heap stops growing. Seems like a major mem leak

Ithink that good addition would be to show only active morphs. Can it show more than 50 search result (with thousands of Var its quite low ).

Another cool feature would be to allow us to check/uncheck Favorit on list of found morphs. Other than that i need to search for that morph manualy to set it favorit on default morph list.

You should be able to get more than 50 by using the range buttons on the slider. Does that not work?

Hey, when I hover my mouse cursor over any bodypart the heap grows like 1gb every full second, if I hover over anything other than the person atom this is added on, the heap stops growing. Seems like a major mem leak
Fixed in latest update. Thanks for flagging. Old version was inadvertently allocating a lot of short-lived objects when accessing mesh triangles/vertices. Should have eventually gotten garbage-collected, but not ideal.

Bro, I believe in you. If you could find a way to use this plugin in custom poses this would be like a god gift. Ppl will have an opportunity to learn how to improve (for example) facial expressions from the god tier creators.

You should be able to get more than 50 by using the range buttons on the slider. Does that not work?

Fixed in latest update. Thanks for flagging. Old version was inadvertently allocating a lot of short-lived objects when accessing mesh triangles/vertices. Should have eventually gotten garbage-collected, but not ideal.
Have another idea:
your plugin is awesome and mushave :) but the problem is that if you have thousand of looks you have thousand of complex body/head/genital morhs and thus halve of results are morphs of no use. could you add string field to plugin that we could write words separated with ; so plugin find only morphs that do not contain any of given words ? that way the final result of search would be filtered. :D ?

and back to my previouse ask: check field that allow to search only within active morphs , ideal thing if you want to search which of used morph break certain area :D

Last edited:
Bug: If you load your plugin to a model not in default pose, and then revert the pose to default, the little dots show up where the old pose was when you mouse over them.

Silver Lining: Not sure if this could resolve your dependency on the default pose because your code is appropriately displaying the white tracking dots on face vertices not in the default location. If you could capture this location and then determine the distance for each to the default maybe would give you the value you need.

Besides that, I love the fact that this will shows morphs not even currently active. Would you consider a toggle for showing values over 0.01? Yours seems more initially intuitive for finding available morphs, but without my suggested you cannot easily manipulate currently active morphs

Last edited:
Could you add text field with word for user to write (or few of them with ; as separator) to ommit in search. list of 100+ results of "xxx body" is very depressing :)

Could you add text field with word for user to write (or few of them with ; as separator) to ommit in search. list of 100+ results of "xxx body" is very depressing :)

heck field that allow to search only within active morphs , ideal thing if you want to search which of used morph break certain area

ur plugin is awesome and mushave :) but the problem is that if you have thousand of looks you have thousand of complex body/head/genital morhs and thus halve of results are morphs of no use. could you add string field to plugin that we could write words separated with ; so plugin find only morphs that do not contain any of given words ? that way the final result of search would be filtered. :D ? (if not than simpler verion of that is checkbox that if checked all "body" morphs would be ommited.

Back
Top Bottom