Modern Photo Studio

Assets Modern Photo Studio

VAMEssentials

Reactions
Patreon
VamEssentials
VAMEssentials submitted a new resource:

Modern Photo Studio - Modern Photo Studio with 3 High Mirrors and 3 Low Mirrors

Modern Photo Studio with white reflective floor slate, grey walls and lighting positioned for standing and floor poses. The Photo Studio includes 3 High Mirrors and 3 Low Mirrors angled in a triangle pattern with white wall coverings on the back of each to prevent transparency or reflecting of objects behind the mirrors. There are toggle buttons to choose between 3 High Mirrors, 3 Low Mirrors or uncheck both to use the standard Photo Studio white backdrop.

3 High Mirrors

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, I try saving the scene with different camera angles (creator key) for photos of my models. But for some reason, the scenes I save with the camera angles, keeps going back to a default camera angle, when I reload the newly saved scenes. Anyone else having this problem?

Hi, I try saving the scene with different camera angles (creator key) for photos of my models. But for some reason, the scenes I save with the camera angles, keeps going back to a default camera angle, when I reload the newly saved scenes. Anyone else having this problem?
To do that you want to click on Edit Mode, then click on the 3 lines icon to open the Main Menu / Scene Misc tab / and be sure "Use Scene Load Position" is checked before you save the scene. You can then click that red button below it to "Set Scene Load Position to Current Position" and then save the scene file. Then try opening it again to test it and it should load from that position.

use-scene-load-position.png

I don't recommend doing it this way though because what ends up happening is you end up with a lot of scene files and they take a lot longer to load each one to switch between them and eventually you'll just end up deleting or hiding most of them all because it gets really cluttered on your scene loading screen.

Instead I recommend creating Pose Presets with root node checked for these mirror poses. Root node will let you create your own pose at the exact position you want and save the model to that position. This is commonly done in scenes that require the models to load at an exact position every time.

These are the Pose Preset Settings I use on creating Mirror Poses:

pose-presets-settings.png

1: Go to the Pose Presets Tab
2: Make sure you're on the right person you want to save the pose of. Not an issue on mirror poses unless you want to experiment with posing more than one person in front of the mirror at the same time.
2B: If you have more than one, you can click the Person icon and it will toggle to the other person.
3: Be sure Store Root Node In Pose is checked. In general you usually don't check this because it can cause the model to load far away in another scene if used again. But for something like a scene pose, you want it checked so they load at the exact same spot each time. That is why some poses load right in front of you and some load far away. It's based on if this is checked. For the mirror poses, you want it checked.
4: Name your pose. I usually put a number 1 after it because I might test out variations and numbering helps track that if I end up doing that.
5: Click the Create New Preset button to save it.
6: You can come back here and click Select Existing to load a pose preset saved.

I uploaded 50 mirror poses here that you can check out. It's a scene file with the Modern Photo Studio that has 50 UI buttons and poses on them already setup for you to use and modify:

What you can do is download that scene and if there are any poses you don't care for, you can change them out for ones you do like or that you created yourself. Then save the scene as a new scene. You'll then have all your pose presets with buttons and they'll load at an exact spot each time. Here's how to do it if not familiar with the process...

How To Change Out Pose Buttons
Click Edit Mode and you'll see a Toggle Targets (T) button at the bottom. You can click that or just use the keyboard shortcut of clicking the letter T on your keyboard. Click T to turn it on, and T to turn it back off. When you turn it on, you'll see green boxes for all the atoms in the scene that you can hover over until they turn yellow and then click on them to edit them. Below each pose button is a green box that you click on when it turns yellow after hovering over or around it.

changing-pose-buttons-1.png

This will pull up the Pose button Atom. Another way to get here is click on the arrow icon on your menu bar, check show hidden, and find Pose 1 and click the control tab. This way is faster. If for some reason you click the square and it doesn't open the window below, click the Toggle UI button at the bottom left. You have to have your Edit Mode window open at the same time. You then click on the Button Trigger tab, and click on the settings button.

changing-pose-buttons-2.png

The settings are really easy and are the same on all 50 of them:
Receiver Atom: Person
Receiver: PosePresets
Receiver Target: LoadPresetWithPath
Choose File: you browse and find your Pose Preset you saved.
The folder path is listed in the example below it: Custom / Atom / Person / Pose folder
Select the pose you want to use on the button and click Ok.

Now every time you click the button it will load your pose. Don't close the window, you want to now update the image on the button as well.

changing-pose-buttons-3.png

Click on the Image tab, click on the Browse button, and you're going to go back to Custom / Atom / Person / Pose and click the same pose again. Then click the load button. This will then make that pose the image for the button. The way VAM works is if you update the pose and save it again with a new screenshot to get a better button image, it will auto update the button so you don't have to go load the same pose again here. You just want to save your scene and then close it and reopen it and it will refresh from the cache of your updated screenshot image version for that button.

changing-pose-buttons-4.png

Last edited:
VAMEssentials updated Modern Photo Studio with a new update entry:

Version 2 Updates

Added MPS Control Panel (Lighting Control)
-Drop down UIText box field for adding hot keys, notes, etc. to your scene/projects.
-Tone Mapper toggle switch.
-Model Lights are a group of lights that specifically effect the model area inside the mirror area.
-Room Lights are a group of lights that effect more of the overall room including the model.
-White Room Style is the standard v1 release broken down into parts where you can quickly choose to hide the Studio Assets or choose if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

VAMEssentials updated Modern Photo Studio with a new update entry:

Version 3 Updates

Added LM Button On/Off Switch
This will hide the Low Mirror button in the back. For Dark Room Style this will give you a more solid black background without it getting in the way if you're not using it.

Added 2K or 4K Option
This will make 8 updates to texture size on the High Mirrors (3), Low Mirrors (3), and White and Black Reflective Slates (2). It will adjust all of them to 2K or 4K based on your preferences. You want to uncheck 4K and then check 2K.

The Studio is set...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom