Assets Modern Apartment V4

VamTastic

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
VamTastic submitted a new resource:

Modern Apartment - Asset + Scene + Doors plugin

I had spent some time modifying the apartment and to reduce the vertex count
re created the bedroom door , bed cover , shower curtain and rail and bath towel .
added a door plugin that opens bathroom ,bedroom and wardrobe doors
think it still needs some work, but looks ok .
credits to ;
GreekIsBack for the interior .
Spacedog , i used and modified some parts of the bathroom asset from the excellent crack of dawn

if any issues with it let me know in the discussions section.
[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Looks great! Is it possible to have that coffeetable as an option? Or some way to move it away/delete it? I'd like a girl to dance there :).

VamTastic updated Modern Apartment with a new update entry:

Modern Apartment V2

This is Prefab version of the modern apartment
you can move the coffee tables and a stool

A big Thanks to talented Hazmhox for help on the reflections probe issue
and the Doors Plugin ,
as i was having problems with the script that i was trying to use from jiayia`s fridge plugin
but noticed that the code was Hazmhox so he fixed it and i rightly give full credit as the author of the doors plugin.

there is the bathroom door as a demonstration, using the UI button that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I loaded your V2, there is only a button to close or open the bathroom door.
Thats true , but i did that just to demonstrate the door as stated in the update ,that can open and close
using acid bubbles timeline and so the method can be applied to other doors.
in order see the plugin ,in edit mode with the atom list,
select CU_Modern_Apartment
select plugins
then the second plugin Hazmhox.modern_apartment select open Cutsom UI
you should see as in the image. hope that helps.
DoorsPlugin.png

Last edited:
VamTastic updated Modern Apartment V3 with a new update entry:

Modern Apartment V4

About Modern Apartment V4

fixed an issue with the right wardrobe door , missing vertices
added extra Door in hallway on request by Tiseb

done away with the demonstration door UI buttons ,

just added an idea inspired by Hazmhox tiny bathrom , added a UI button to Demonstrate turn on and off lights and light probe that uses MacGrubers essentials SkyMagic

it is possible to turn on or off the spot lights emmision using a plugin by Huha,

View attachment 100502 but forgot to...

Now I have to ask if it's normal that no more doors can be opened in the new version?

Now I have to ask if it's normal that no more doors can be opened in the new version?
Hi Stephan thanks for the review, The doors can be opened by the Doors plugin .
it was more to do with shellphish`s review , not many users that release assets have included a scene to demonstrate ,i thought sod it i put some work in to the UI buttons to demo the doors , ok if folk want to be be petty and not bother reading that it was for a demonstration ,then i will leave it to the user to set up ,
as maybe they want to do it in another way .
there is not much to it to set up a door to work with timeline and using a UI button to Activate , but more time consuming doing the others too.

Hi Stephan thanks for the review, The doors can be opened by the Doors plugin .
it was more to do with shellphish`s review , not many users that release assets have included a scene to demonstrate ,i thought sod it i put some work in to the UI buttons to demo the doors , ok if folk want to be be petty and not bother reading that it was for a demonstration ,then i will leave it to the user to set up ,
as maybe they want to do it in another way .
there is not much to it to set up a door to work with timeline and using a UI button to Activate , but more time consuming doing the others too.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't seen the plugin :)

VamTastic updated Modern Apartment V4 with a new update entry:

Final Version

hopefuly the final Version
mostly fixes and and added ideas
added a light switch prefab with toggle switch activated by light switch plugin
appended doors plugin for closet door next to the bathroom
included huha light toggle plugin for turning off light emmisions , eg ceiling spotlights
just included the bathroom door for the demonstration of the door open and closed
i think in the timeline i added 2 others for bedroom and front door that can be used
but have to reassign the doors in the...

The photo of the woman on the wall in the living room.....it's entrancing. I couldnt find online. is it your work?

The photo of the woman on the wall in the living room.....it's entrancing. I couldnt find online. is it your work?
Hi CaveGentleman , it is by craig morey and i think the female is Natalie, yeah it is entrancing , think thats why i chose it ,
but thinking about it ,then i was captivated by the image and didn't take a second thought about the licence usage , dam will have to find something else . :oops:

Don't worry, I do the same from time to time. And thanks to your updates & collision fixes I will be able to add extra stuff. 😄

And the latter updates made it a better environment than it originally was. I will most likely use it as a stage on multiple scenes.

Also it shows your attention to detail and I'm pretty sure it took more time for you to fix the stuff comparing to me just changing the assets 😄

Don't worry, I do the same from time to time. And thanks to your updates & collision fixes I will be able to add extra stuff. 😄

And the latter updates made it a better environment than it originally was. I will most likely use it as a stage on multiple scenes.

Also it shows your attention to detail and I'm pretty sure it took more time for you to fix the stuff comparing to me just changing the assets 😄
Thanks Androinz ,yeah its those little things , you look at it in unity and think ok looks good , then loading it in to vam and start seeing things, like oh that shower unit looks a bit small , the curtain rail cap on the end the UVs a reversed , looking like the arm on AXnop732 gaming chair and some other pain in the vertices i miss. :)

Just saw it in VR. Amazing work. We are actually recording an animation pack for this apartment. We just got back to work and this is the first thing we are doing

Just saw it in VR. Amazing work. We are actually recording an animation pack for this apartment. We just got back to work and this is the first thing we are doing
thank you ReignMocap for trying it in VR . (y) as i don`t have VR and not knowing if it looks ok

thank you ReignMocap for trying it in VR . (y) as i don`t have VR and not knowing if it looks ok
It looks amazing. The only trouble is that the sofa is very low. If you can up the level on the sofa it would be perfect. We will do some mocaps and see how it goes.

It looks amazing. The only trouble is that the sofa is very low. If you can up the level on the sofa it would be perfect. We will do some mocaps and see how it goes.
i will need to release a different version due to Androinz using V4 and Tiseb in process of using it .
i would need to know the height of the sofa you want
if you could take an image of a character standing next to the sofa and use a small object as a guide marker to show the height you want it at ,
would be of some help
as i don`t want to guess and alter it and its not correct .

i will need to release a different version due to Androinz using V4 and Tiseb in process of using it .
i would need to know the height of the sofa you want
if you could take an image of a character standing next to the sofa and use a small object as a guide marker to show the height you want it at ,
would be of some help
as i don`t want to guess and alter it and its not correct .
No worry. It seems it works. I was concerned it's low but we got the mocaps done. It's great

Back
Top Bottom