Answered Model in environment not exposed / dark?!

Wolforano

Reactions
Heyho!

I loaded up a new environment, which is "E-Girl Bedroom" in the hub here. Then I loaded a default model.

Problem: The lightning does not seem to affect the model. Its just dark in a bright room. When I add extra light, the room gets brighter as well, so this wouldn't solve my problem.

How do I get the model to be exposed as well as everything else in the room?

Thanks!

exposed.jpg

Heyho!

I loaded up a new environment, which is "E-Girl Bedroom" in the hub here. Then I loaded a default model.

Problem: The lightning does not seem to affect the model. Its just dark in a bright room. When I add extra light, the room gets brighter as well, so this wouldn't solve my problem.

How do I get the model to be exposed as well as everything else in the room?

Thanks!

View attachment 92158

In this scene, the light is "pre-baked". From the point of view of the game, there are no light sources in this room. If you want to use this particular scene, then you need to add some light and adjust it manually. If you give it a little time, you can get quite a good result.
1643200068329.png
1643200330305.png
1643199673519.png

P.S.
Make the scene darker by simply adjusting the brightness and distance of the light

1643201062426.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok thanks :) The good thing is that there is one version without light at all, so I can just add lights to the room without having two lights (prebaked and my lights).

Upvote 0
Is your [Camera Exposure] in the [Scene Lighting] settings set below 1.00?
Go to Edit Mode > Open Main UI (top left UI button) > Scene Lighting (5th button from top).

Wiki quote:
”Camera Exposure” Changes the overall brightness of the HDRI lighting on the scene atoms. This will not affect geometry brought in with an asset bundle.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks :) The good thing is that there is one version without light at all, so I can just add lights to the room without having two lights (prebaked and my lights).
Yes its a better idea but prebaked lights look much more realistic)

Upvote 0
@Sally and Nayris: Yes, my Scene Lightning was below 1. But the thing is, pre baked light might look much better, but since it doesn't affect the model, it makes no sense to me. But maybe the right balance really is to use the pre-baked version and then add small lights in addition to higher camera exposure, so I get realistic results.

Thanks, I learned a lot here :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom