Mocap questions

yeti_sui

Reactions
Hi there!

Could it be that the mocap scenes (paid like kittys or splinevr) not really synchronized audio and action?
or is it me/performance issues or a script issue or something?
or is it inherently so that you technically can't ensure the speed of the sound matches the animation no matter what?

Thanks for a quick feedback
Ye

Likely your machine is slow and is skipping physics updates. That means animation runs slightly slower than realtime. Since audio always runs in realtime, and is played independently from the animation, it can easily desync. Especially if your scene just has one long audio track that is started at the beginning, rather than lots of short audios triggered by animation events.

Check the Performance tab of your UserPreferences:
  1. Increase your "Physics Update Cap" setting to the maximum, which is 3. That's the number of physics updates you can do per frame.
  2. If your FPS is too low and you are still skipping physics updates, reduce your "Physics Rate" setting.

There is also a plugin to force sync audio somewhere, but that slows down the audio and needs to be integrated into the scene.

that seams to have greatly improved the synch, not perfect, but not immersion breaking. still gotta test it out in vr but i think that did the trick. thank you

One tip I can say is don't load a scene and then load a scecond right after.
A fresh boot of VAM will have nothing in memory and will drop less FPS

Back
Top Bottom