moanLight (CC BY ND)

Plugins moanLight (CC BY ND)

NeMech

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
NeMech submitted a new resource:

moanLight (CC BY ND) - simple moan mp3 sound player.

View attachment 187449

■Description
moanLight is a plug-in that is attached to a person atom and randomly plays sounds from the person's head audio.
The sounds are in mp3 format. You can use the built-in sample data or prepare your own mp3 audio.
The sounds can be categorized in 8 collections.

When using the auto function, it plays three collections in sequence, depending on the level of excitement, then a fourth collection, and then a executes a configurable trigger...

Read more about this resource...

Hey! Nice to see some people digging into sound, competition gives ideas ;)
I'll just give you a feedback now, and keep my review until you improved it, 'coz I ran into several issues :
  • There is an error triggered immediately at plugin load, "ImportFolder Error". It is a controlled error by yourself, but still, as a user... I immediately take this as a problem with the plugin.
  • After realizing you have to check "use sample moan library" ('coz let's be honest, it's not obvious at all : D), the error is still triggered.
  • There is nothing in the UI mentionning if the library is loaded or not.
  • When hitting "play loop" if you swap the target collection, it does not change (apparently) the target pool. The UI does not reflect that properly, you have to reset, change pool, then hit playLoop again. Not really ergonomic.
  • If you spam playnext, it buffers dozen of sounds, there is no solution to stop afterward if you did this.
  • In the triggers, the is no obvious way to understand how to play and use the system through animation or something like Timeline
  • ... I stopped there 'coz at this point I thought I could find some other issues : )

As a side note:
  • If you're working with sound, it's better to read about sound in general and learn the tropes. You should never use mp3 for games. mp3 adds a header in the file and prevents perfect loops and clean short sounds (and quality is far from ogg for similar sizes)
  • Parasites / mouth sounds / body sounds in your files have a tendency to sound "odd" in this content. Unless you have a lot more variations with the audio, I suggest to avoid or remove them to break the potential "repetition" effect extremely obvious with that kind of details.
  • UX is everything: if a plugin is not easy to understand at first launch, you're loosing people immediately. I come from a sound design background, if I had a hard time figuring out the plugin, people with pretty much no understanding of plugins or sound will not.
  • Documentation: if you're having a hardtime figuring out the UX of the plugin, having a help section in the plugin is nice. Better than the creation date / last update date / patreon link and all that jazz ;)
  • Licence note: Non-derivative means non-derivative. People are allowed to alter the plugin but if they do, they cannot redistribute it. They could even change the format and redistribute it (for instance > converting the code to another language for another game). If you want to protect the plugin to any type of modification or alteration, the best option in vam is PC.

Hey! Nice to see some people digging into sound, competition gives ideas ;)
I'll just give you a feedback now, and keep my review until you improved it, 'coz I ran into several issues :
  • There is an error triggered immediately at plugin load, "ImportFolder Error". It is a controlled error by yourself, but still, as a user... I immediately take this as a problem with the plugin.
  • After realizing you have to check "use sample moan library" ('coz let's be honest, it's not obvious at all : D), the error is still triggered.
  • There is nothing in the UI mentionning if the library is loaded or not.
  • When hitting "play loop" if you swap the target collection, it does not change (apparently) the target pool. The UI does not reflect that properly, you have to reset, change pool, then hit playLoop again. Not really ergonomic.
  • If you spam playnext, it buffers dozen of sounds, there is no solution to stop afterward if you did this.
  • In the triggers, the is no obvious way to understand how to play and use the system through animation or something like Timeline
  • ... I stopped there 'coz at this point I thought I could find some other issues : )

As a side note:
  • If you're working with sound, it's better to read about sound in general and learn the tropes. You should never use mp3 for games. mp3 adds a header in the file and prevents perfect loops and clean short sounds (and quality is far from ogg for similar sizes)
  • Parasites / mouth sounds / body sounds in your files have a tendency to sound "odd" in this content. Unless you have a lot more variations with the audio, I suggest to avoid or remove them to break the potential "repetition" effect extremely obvious with that kind of details.
  • UX is everything: if a plugin is not easy to understand at first launch, you're loosing people immediately. I come from a sound design background, if I had a hard time figuring out the plugin, people with pretty much no understanding of plugins or sound will not.
  • Documentation: if you're having a hardtime figuring out the UX of the plugin, having a help section in the plugin is nice. Better than the creation date / last update date / patreon link and all that jazz ;)
  • Licence note: Non-derivative means non-derivative. People are allowed to alter the plugin but if they do, they cannot redistribute it. They could even change the format and redistribute it (for instance > converting the code to another language for another game). If you want to protect the plugin to any type of modification or alteration, the best option in vam is PC.
I am honored by your response.
I was wondering if I shouldn't send out a controlled error, actually. I'm going to stop sending it.
You've also read the source code, shame on you,...
Currently, there is no function to display the loading status of the library (audio), but we will add it as we have no trouble making it.
When the target is changed during the playloop and the playloop button is pressed, the loop will first stop. Then, when you press it again, the loop will start. At this time, the library should be switched, but I will check.
Heavy use of the playnext key is not intended.If user want to use a lot, he should use playifClear.
If the creator needs a mechanism to clear the Queue separately, I thought it would be that person's problem.The user can create it with a separate trigger, so there is no problem with the current situation, but I will consider it.
As for the supplement, I am currently using this format because mp3 is easy to handle. And the noise is not so bad that I think it is unpleasant, so I think it is good.
I am not familiar with ogg but will look into it. I would like to respond if I can.
I have no control over the number of noise sounds and variations in the audio file, since the audio file is intended to be created by the user.
Yes, UserInterFace is important, and this plugin is a simple function, so I think there is little that is currently not understood. We will provide a description of how to use the data folder on the manager side (paid plugin).
It's a license, I thought there was probably no problem with the content you explained.
Is it possible to switch to a PC license? No problem, as long as other creators use it as a reference (paid or free) and distribute this plugin for free on VamHub.

I am honored by your response.

LOL. Guyz, stop being honored haha. I'm just a frikkin dude enjoying creating content... I'm pretty much no one ='D

You've also read the source code, shame on you,...

Nope! Not even looked at the source! You can easily spot the difference by a pure crash/bug error triggered by a try/catch (or even without a try/catch), and a simple error logged by the coder itself :p

Heavy use of the playnext key is not intended.If user want to use a lot, he should use playifClear.

As you can see, users do stuff. And there is pretty much nothing you can do about it beyond creating measures to avoid having an incorrect behavior. Like this you could say "well yeah, no one is gonna click 100 times on the button". But maybe somebody is gonna trigger the call with a plugin or buttons, and they're gonna have the same behavior without having a way to stop it.

You can do as you want, but it's never really recommended that actions can be buffered without limit. And if it was by design, then a way to stop the buffer is nice.

If the creator needs a mechanism to clear the Queue separately, I thought it would be that person's problem.The user can create it with a separate trigger, so there is no problem with the current situation, but I will consider it.

I did not find a way to clear the queue. Unless there is, I don't know how the user would clear the queue by himself.
Also, users are no coders or creators, everything should be smooth and easy... relying on the "it's the user problem" for a plugin is not a really good path imho hahaha. (especially for stuff that are somewhat in the realm of "bugs")

As for the supplement, I am currently using this format because mp3 is easy to handle. And the noise is not so bad that I think it is unpleasant, so I think it is good.
I am not familiar with ogg but will look into it. I would like to respond if I can.

It's not hard to handle ogg. The format as been in place for 20 years I think, and pretty much any player can use it today. And almost any basic audio software exports to ogg. And it has become the industry standard for at least 10 years I think.

I have no control over the number of noise sounds and variations in the audio file, since the audio file is intended to be created by the user.

Yeah, but yours (the default one) lacks of variations. For a first release, if you want people to consider yours instead of another, you should really show the potential of using it. Players/Users are lazy, if they don't get something nice out of the box, they will use something else.

Is it possible to switch to a PC license?

For the next release yes. But this one, you can't revoke the licence. Anyone who has downloaded this version will keep the licence set at release.

haz, get used to it. You have reached acid bubbles status.. Im sure if he was here everyone would be swooning. My first question coming here was also going to be just that... "Why am I using this over vammoan?"

LOL. Guyz, stop being honored haha. I'm just a frikkin dude enjoying creating content... I'm pretty much no one ='D

Nope! Not even looked at the source! You can easily spot the difference by a pure crash/bug error triggered by a try/catch (or even without a try/catch), and a simple error logged by the coder itself :p

As you can see, users do stuff. And there is pretty much nothing you can do about it beyond creating measures to avoid having an incorrect behavior. Like this you could say "well yeah, no one is gonna click 100 times on the button". But maybe somebody is gonna trigger the call with a plugin or buttons, and they're gonna have the same behavior without having a way to stop it.

You can do as you want, but it's never really recommended that actions can be buffered without limit. And if it was by design, then a way to stop the buffer is nice.

I did not find a way to clear the queue. Unless there is, I don't know how the user would clear the queue by himself.
Also, users are no coders or creators, everything should be smooth and easy... relying on the "it's the user problem" for a plugin is not a really good path imho hahaha. (especially for stuff that are somewhat in the realm of "bugs")

It's not hard to handle ogg. The format as been in place for 20 years I think, and pretty much any player can use it today. And almost any basic audio software exports to ogg. And it has become the industry standard for at least 10 years I think.

Yeah, but yours (the default one) lacks of variations. For a first release, if you want people to consider yours instead of another, you should really show the potential of using it. Players/Users are lazy, if they don't get something nice out of the box, they will use something else.

For the next release yes. But this one, you can't revoke the licence. Anyone who has downloaded this version will keep the licence set at release.
Suppress unlimited buffering? It is essential for products that require safety and products that handle gold and goods.
I don't think VaM itself does anything dangerous.(for now)
Since it only controls the basic functions of VaM, it is a specification that can be avoided by triggers and operations other than the control part.
By the way, you can clear the queue by the method below. You can also change the pitch of the sound.
2022-12-16_19h06_20.png2022-12-16_19h05_44.png

I agree that everything should be smooth and easy.
So I will consider whether to add a button for queue clearing.
It means that there is a workaround and it is not a fatal flaw, so we are talking about the future.
Fewer default variations, this is the design philosophy.We will add library functionality in the paid version.

Thanks for pointing this out. I look forward to working with you in the future.

By the way, if it is a fatal problem, we will deal with it immediately, but we do not want to fix it too often, because there is a risk of causing bugs or user confusion.
I don't want to do this too often, it would be quite voluminous since it would involve consistency with the paid version.

Hi is the free version usable to we can gauge if we need to paid version? Thanks
Scenes created with the paid version of the plug-in will be available in Free in June. (You can, of course, play them with the Free version of the plugin.)

By the way, you can issue a trigger for each level when the audio level is raised.
And you can create and use user sound libraries (var files). I also have several sound libraries that you can distribute to users.

I'm late, but the scene below is an erotic scene created with monanLightManager.
Women become aroused when vaginal stimulation increases. Please take a look.

MoanLight is currently being updated.

I found that when I create a scene and convert it to a var file, it doesn't work properly.
Someone please point out this fatal problem...

Recently, I have been excluding my content from VAMHUB.
It's not that my work violated the license.
I got angry at people who were making noise about it being free free.
That's all

Back
Top Bottom