Question Mistery how to create a skin from scratch

void

Reactions
So, back from my very basic Blender knowledge a few years ago I know that you "unwrap" a 3D object to put a texture on it. I did some seamless textures back then by just mirroring a pattern and / or blending the two seams over at the cut. Worked fine.

So, we now have a skin with no straigth lines over 3-4 different skins: torso to limbs, torso to head and that strange "inner genitals in stomach" and outer genitals where they are usually located. I used the seam "guide" by Snowsultan, great work but so many leaks in the seam, still.

What I do actually (to transfer a DAZ G8F skin): I use a premade skin with matching seams. Then I but the new skin on it and blend it in (almost matching brightness and contrast and color) and layer-mask the seam area out to let the original body skin connect to the original skin of the limbs and head. Result isn't too bad, but what if I would like to lets say run a tattoo down the leg between the torso skin and the limbs skin? Or a scar across the back(seam)? It should be like if you paint over the edge of one skin the brush is transfered to the matching part of the other skin. Don't know how to do this other than pixel per pixel for a curved seam. From what I read on Snowsultans skin "tutorial" it's really very difficult and work intense to get this matching. Perhaps it's easier to wait for VAM2 with G8 models? I also wonder that there's no magic plugin for Photoshop or DAZ or VAM that "stretches" G8 to G2. In DAZ it's possible the other way round, G2 to G8.

I found no, none, zero tutorials on Youtube neither here. Perhaps I used the wrong search idioms? How do these skin wizards their magic? Amazing that god needed only the sixth day to create man...
upload.png
Ugly seam torso / left limb with no way to make it match other than perhaps Liquify or Free Transform in Photoshop with the risk of "stretch marks".

edit: ok, using the Stencil option in Blender might help a bit with a tattoo I just read. So I fear I have to create my skin in Blender? Oh no, Blender and me, we aren't the best friends.

Last edited:
Texture baking from one mesh uv's to another in blender. That's how i made the futa Medusa. It's hard at first, but you can transfer any textures and normal maps. (And layer, colour and mix them in real time and bake down the results)

To do it with a genesis 8 to 2, you would need a morph and pose so the two models can be the same exact shape. I think there's a template out there for that. I just made my own for G2f to G2m
You can also Texture paint directly onto the model in blender with a stencil of a tattoo and it automatically aligns over the seems for the textures.

You don't need to unwrap the models, but you will have to add new materials to the genesis 2 model and assign the torso, limbs, face and gens*(gens are tricky and require extra steps). Daz separates out the genesis2 model into multiple material slots for some weird reason that all use the same texture.

from memory...

(head, ears,neck, torso, nipples and hips all use the same torso texture) in edit mode select at least one face from each area and "Select>select similar>by material" and assign the highlighted faces to the new torso material you created.
Same for face (face, lips, nostrils) and limbs (shoulders, arms, legs, hands, feet, finger nails, toe nails) I wouldn't bother with the eyes or inner mouth when getting started., I just selected them all and hid them.

once you have made the new material slots you can delete all of the old ones.

On Youtube search for "Texture baking uv maps in blender", and "Texture baking selected to active"
or for tattoos "Stencil texture painting in blender."

Watch tutorials, try, succeed or fail, then ask me any questions you want. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the explainations and how to find tutorials on Youtube. So I have to dig myself through my old Blender "skills" and what's left of it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom