Question Missing Referenced Packages "Not On Hub"

fishgamescamp

Reactions
Hi, so I kind of went crazy and download a lot of VAMs. At first it was a few "Not On Hubs", but now I have like 100. Is there a place where I can grab missing referenced packages?

And a followup question, is there any way to organize the main scene loader page or do I just have to hide things I don't want to see? They thumbnails don't have descriptions

Last edited:
If they're "not on Hub" then you're on your own.
If you're lucky, the creator of the resource that has "not on hub" dependencies will say in the description where they are. Unfortunately there's many that don't package properly and use stuff they have on their system but no information where they got those, in those cases you might try looking for the creator of that non-hub dependency VAR (creator.resource-name.version.var).

As I mentioned, poorly packaged resources with plenty of non-hub dependencies are more trouble than they're worth, I advise to ignore them and also resources with more than say 50 dependencies.

Upvote 0
I found out that bing is much more efficient when looking by creator.name than google. Usually it shows correct page as first result while google shows ads ;)

Upvote 0
Is there a tool or something to help clean up? I've got a mess here. When I try to load plugins, there are like 4 different versions of each, all with the same file name. And most have some sort of error. And when I click on the flattent root folder it freezes like 10 seconds cause ther are so many files, and then I have to use the search function.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom