Question Methods to create realistic and hyper-realistic fluid effects?

g1000

Reactions
I see from the resources section that you can simulate stationary fluid effects with clothing. I imagine that you could animate the opacity of these to create different states, but I assume it would have to remain stationary?

or
-Can clothes be animated (by real time physics) to simulate juice dripping downwards? Like have a glob that is actually three clothing pieces and set the physics so that the bottom piece is the heaviest, so it drops as soon as the body moves, than the middle piece drops, than the last piece drops?

or
-Can clothing have an animated texture with transparency, that could be triggered from Timeline? (like a texture of fluids dripping) I have not looked at how to use textures in VAM yet, so I don’t know if it supports animated ones.

-Can clothes be animated to simulate juice shooting through the air? Or would that be more of like a “prop”?

I’m very new to VAM and still experimenting, its seems deep, but so far it doesn’t look like it includes a native way to handle “outside finishes”.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration

Last edited:
I imagine that you could animate the opacity of these to create different states
Yes you can, with triggers. Transitions doesn't seem to work on alpha though, for some reason.

-Can clothes be animated (by real time physics) to simulate juice dripping downwards? Like have a glob that is actually three clothing pieces and set the physics so that the bottom piece is the heaviest, so it drops as soon as the body moves, than the middle piece drops, than the last piece drops?
Yes, with some limitations. This could be achieved with various clothing weights.

I've grouped some free liquid clothing resources in this collection, but there are also paid ones that exists.

-Can clothing have an animated texture with transparency, that could be triggered from Timeline? (like a texture of fluids dripping) I have not looked at how to use textures in VAM yet, so I don’t know if it supports animated ones.
Triggering various alpha values with Timeline is the easiest way to animate this.

-Can clothes be animated to simulate juice shooting through the air? Or would that be more of like a “prop”?
It would be assets and/or plugins, rather than clothing. Check out Fluids 101 by hazmhox for instance.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom