Meta Quest 3 with full colour 3d depth sensor passthrough will be released October 2023

You guys who have the new Quest 3; how does it compare to the Quest 2 in terms of visuals for VAM? Thinking of upgrading mine for just this alone.

You guys who have the new Quest 3; how does it compare to the Quest 2 in terms of visuals for VAM? Thinking of upgrading mine for just this alone.
i got my Q3 yesterday and i was mostly hyped for the mixed reality. the visual upgrade via increased resoloution, a bigger FoV and the pancake lenses is very VERY noticable. the last bit of screendoor effect the Q2 had is gone aswell. the overall image is stunning and especially combined with the mixedreality and better wearing comfort, i cant recommend this thing enough with the pricetag it has!

I speak purely from a PCVR pov here and i dont care for standalone VR at all

I find that setting the passthrough to complete blue, works best for me 0, 0, 255

Recording normal 3D/VR games can be done with the Quest itself. However, as of now, it doesn't let you capture the passthrough content.
Therefor I used scrcpy, found no other tool.

I would expect a option for Steroscopic 3D recording of the content.
It records 2D

So the passthrough recording i would like is a 3D VR 180 recording left and right eye in side by side 3D to reply for example in pigasus.
Or also nice a 3D Side by side stereo video recording.

:)

I would expect a option for Steroscopic 3D recording of the content.
It records 2D

So the passthrough recording i would like is a 3D VR 180 recording left and right eye in side by side 3D to reply for example in pigasus.
Or also nice a 3D Side by side stereo video recording.

:)
I think the distance of the 2 cameras is way too narrow for that, also the computing power of the Q3 will limit that.
But I am no expert in this

Got the Q3 by surprise yesterday and this device has finally completed VAM's ascent as the God app for XR.

I am really enjoying, if it would be comfortable in any way maybe even longer than 20 minutes.
They just dont get the comfort right, Pro is the only one I know I could wear for hours.

Elite Strap helps a bit, but this will hold me back to use it as my to-go device. For passthrough fun ok, the rest stays on my Pro :p

Ok, if I think of it: I needed a few weeks before the Pro was comfortable, maybe I'll keep trying, lol

I'm not having any luck w passthrough. Quest 3, VD newest version and steamvr. Camera-color background downloaded. Color numbers set as stated in thread. Person appears transparent, clothing appears semi transparent and body is gone. I messed with some of the color shades no luck. Any ideas?

Rtx4090
I913900ks

I'm not having any luck w passthrough. Quest 3, VD newest version and steamvr. Camera-color background downloaded. Color numbers set as stated in thread. Person appears transparent, clothing appears semi transparent and body is gone. I messed with some of the color shades no luck. Any ideas?

Rtx4090
I913900ks
You need to check the lighting on your subject, if the lighting is wrong it will cause the transparency, also clothing should be different colour to background,

I am really enjoying, if it would be comfortable in any way maybe even longer than 20 minutes.
They just dont get the comfort right, Pro is the only one I know I could wear for hours.

Elite Strap helps a bit, but this will hold me back to use it as my to-go device. For passthrough fun ok, the rest stays on my Pro :p

Ok, if I think of it: I needed a few weeks before the Pro was comfortable, maybe I'll keep trying, lol
Have messed about a lot with mine for comfort too, have had to blu-tac in the lenses from my Q2 and no glasses spacer available yet so have had to fill a silicon cover for Q2 which luckily fits Q3 with foam so it keeps it away from my face enough! That's not helping the comfort much so looking forward to when you can get a proper spacer and lenses! Maybe if you try the silicon cover it will help? Helped on my Q2 ....

I wear no glasses, so I have no issue with that.
I mean the overall wearing comfort. I can choose to have pain either on my forehead or my cheeks, depending on how I wear it.
I jut wear them pretty loose now, which isn’t an ideal solution

Have messed about a lot with mine for comfort too, have had to blu-tac in the lenses from my Q2 and no glasses spacer available yet so have had to fill a silicon cover for Q2 which luckily fits Q3 with foam so it keeps it away from my face enough! That's not helping the comfort much so looking forward to when you can get a proper spacer and lenses! Maybe if you try the silicon cover it will help? Helped on my Q2 ....
You are aware that you can alter the distance from the lenses, for wearing glasses, I wear glasses and the space is fine, they don’t touch the lenses 👍

I would feel bad ordering one, because I own already a Quest Pro.
But the better passthrough is so tempting.

On the other hand I would miss the openness of the Quest Pro, your face isn’t jailed and you don’t have to sweat.

I‘ll wait for the first experiences.

And I do hope they add some AR recording functions, as of now you need 3rd party SW on any Quest.
Remove facial interface, attach to bobo VR strap. Profit.

I wear no glasses, so I have no issue with that.
I mean the overall wearing comfort. I can choose to have pain either on my forehead or my cheeks, depending on how I wear it.
I jut wear them pretty loose now, which isn’t an ideal solution
so it is! I was too optimist thinking that the strong pain I feel after 5 minutes with quest3 was because wearing glasses (and with my glasses frame pressed on face + side forehead nerfs).

It is incredibly absurd how zukkinioculus could not consider that ... had the same big problem with cv1 and rift-s.

I suppose it is not because of my head size/shape ... being not a gorilla macro-cephal, not afro-neanderthal, I have a very standard caucasian (?) sapiens-sapiens genetic and a normal 62 ipd. I will try asap a kiwi face frame when it comes out in amazon... and corrective lenses for quest.

Been playing around with the Quest 3 for two days now and I've been having tons of fun. It's like I can finally experience VAR in VR without all the clunkiness that comes from VR that was always a major mood-killer. I haven't had any problem with the comfort, it feels so light I barely notice it's there, but that's coming from a Valve index which felt like a soviet tank strapped to your face in comparison.

The freedom of passthrough and wireless is amazing. The things I could create in my bedroom, on my kitchen table, in my bathroom, so many possibilities. My router is pretty stock though and doesn't quite reach the end of all my rooms, but that's not an issue for now.

A tip if you want to hide parts of the body to get the perspective right. Say I'm lying in bed and I want a girl standing over me next to the bed, I want to cover her legs below the knees. Use a UI button, scale it up and change the color to the colors of your passthrough. Remove the text alpha and set the image alpha to 0.001. Place it in front of where you want it and there you go. You'll have to mess around with the angles a bit, but it works

1697378395841.png
yes but do we get the same trigeminus nerfs or not?

so it is! I was too optimist thinking that the strong pain I feel after 5 minutes with quest3 was because wearing glasses (and with my glasses frame pressed on face + side forehead nerfs).

It is incredibly absurd how zukkinioculus could not consider that ... had the same big problem with cv1 and rift-s.

I suppose it is not because of my head size/shape ... being not a gorilla macro-cephal, not afro-neanderthal, I have a very standard caucasian (?) sapiens-sapiens genetic and a normal 62 ipd. I will try asap a kiwi face frame when it comes out in amazon... and corrective lenses for quest.

Yes you can increase the distance now with a in built spacer like Mel mentioned.

And if thats not enough you can get lenses to plug them in. :)

You are aware that you can alter the distance from the lenses, for wearing glasses, I wear glasses and the space is fine, they don’t touch the lenses 👍
Hahaha what kind of idiot doesnt read the manual and then sticks a load of foam to their brand new headset? Thanks man I had no idea ! I've removed the foam which has left a load of sticky residue which serves me right!

It is amazing, just wish we could get rid of of our real hands, following VaM's, then the immersion would be complete :)
Yes true - I saw a video recently where you see your real hands in a Q3 demo and not the software hands.

It is amazing, just wish we could get rid of of our real hands, following VaM's, then the immersion would be complete :)
I increase the scale in steam vr vam menu, and it makes the vam hands larger to hide my hands behind. The vam hands were already kinda small. Then can reduce scale inside vam to make everything else the right size again

Back
Top Bottom