Question Manual posing

VamPire

Reactions
I can pose and move hands and legs easily. The problem is with other body parts like neck, shoulders, stomach, pelvis, etc. And the head.

I can move the head, but after some times it will revert back to original position after some time (dunno if it's due to plugin or it remembers original position). Other parts of the body other than hands and legs are also hard to move/pose , it's like there is weight somewhere and ruin the position that I want.

Can anyone give me an understanding or basic things to know when moving or trying to pose ? What works and what doesn't.

This is my advice, pose with as fewer joints as possible, key joints mainly, then add as needed. If you're animating that's even more important, the fewer things you need to control the easier it will be.

In my animations I often need no more than the key joints, sometimes less, sometimes more. Apart from a specific pose (non animated), I never had to use neck, shoulders, stomach, pelvis, I let the key joints pull the body in a reasonable natural way.

Upvote 0
This is my advice, pose with as fewer joints as possible, key joints mainly, then add as needed. If you're animating that's even more important, the fewer things you need to control the easier it will be.

In my animations I often need no more than the key joints, sometimes less, sometimes more. Apart from a specific pose (non animated), I never had to use neck, shoulders, stomach, pelvis, I let the key joints pull the body in a reasonable natural way.

Thanks, I never use things like this. I usually just grab the body part in VR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom