LogicBricks

Plugins LogicBricks

@Syke Just for the record: The recommended/proper solution would be to cut your audio into pieces that you can play at the appropriate time. Jumping around in a single file is a really weird, inefficient and labour intense (setup-wise) solution. Once you cut the audio it is much more straight forward to trigger appropriately named audio files instead of having to remember which time index was what in your audio file. In the long run that will be less error-prone and therefore much more time efficient.

You can cut audio easily with free / open-source software....for example Audacity.
Yes, I'm starting to think my laziness is going to result in more issues in the future lol

I had done it previously when working in another program but it felt tedious there so I was hoping I wouldn't have to here. I think my use case still exists when doing music, which I suppose is why @Shadow Venom has experience there, as their mmd work is pretty amazing.

@MacGruber - following your advice, I've spliced the sound file and assembled audiobundles. Of course, this now gets back to not being able to scrub an AB - more used to try and sync animation. I assume, were such a function to exist, be a feature extension in timeline? I.e. timelines scrubbing only works with 'native' urls rather than with AB right now?

@MacGruber - following your advice, I've spliced the sound file and assembled audiobundles. Of course, this now gets back to not being able to scrub an AB - more used to try and sync animation. I assume, were such a function to exist, be a feature extension in timeline? I.e. timelines scrubbing only works with 'native' urls rather than with AB right now?
If you split the audio files (into individual moans, etc), why do you still need to scrub?
Anyway, this is the LogicBricks thread. Please discuss Timeline questions elsewhere.

If you split the audio files (into individual moans, etc), why do you still need to scrub?
Anyway, this is the LogicBricks thread. Please discuss Timeline questions elsewhere.
Yes... I've put questions into the timeline thread now. Sorry for the off-topic and appreciate the replies and all your amazing work.

FWIW, scrubbing is still for aligning specific animations. There's still a fundamental limit on how much you can 'atomize' the speech as I don't think it makes sense to break up a file until you get to say syllables. Even words don't work if you have a character saying something that aligns well with an action or emotion. E.g. A character saying "I'm going to spank you... for... every... breath... you... take." and trying to align the spanks to emphasize each word. You could break it up, but the cadence could be off, or you want to align parts of the slower actions with the speech of the former. To align well, you still want to scrub, rather than iteratively play the whole clip, adjust, play the whole clip, etc, or break down these sounds such that you might have hundreds you now have to load manually into a scene, since scrubbing in AB doesn't work.