• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

LogicBricks

Plugins LogicBricks 14 (free)

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
MacGruber submitted a new resource:

LogicBricks - Collection of small reusable logic plugins to quickly build simple logic without coding.

Overview
Eventually this is intended to be a collection of small reusable logic plugins to quickly build simple logic without coding. Still very small "collection" at this point, just a single plugin :ROFLMAO:

The key feature here is that it is using VaM's own Trigger UI, so it should be familiar and easy to use for any creator who used VaM's trigger system before. Just like an UIButton, you can hook it up to AnimationPattern's, Timeline, other plugins and all the...

Read more about this resource...

MacGruber updated LogicBricks with a new update entry:

Version 2

Since this got a surprising amount of likes in very short time there seems to be a need for this. So I changed plans and added a LOT more LogicBricks. These go now from a simple Relay that just groups triggers via Counter and Timer to more complex bricks for RandomChoice and a very powerful StateMachine brick. I also added a demo scene with 14 examples to spawn some ideas.

LogicBricks
  • Relay: LogicBrick that triggers...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 3 (free)

LogicBricks is now free! Version 3 features some bug fixes and UI improvements. Thx @ TGC for reporting those issues.
  • Fixed StateMachine UI not being updated on load.
  • Time sliders of all plugins have range buttons now. That means you are not limited to a maximum of 2 minutes anymore, sky is the limit! Range usually auto-adjusts to the next power of 10 when needed, although there are some cases where that doesn't...

Version 4

Another bugfix update for LogicBricks. Again, thx @ TGC for reporting those issues!
  • RandomChoice: Fixed UI not being updated on load.
  • StateMachine: Fixed initial state setting having no effect.
Note that you can easily update your scene to the new version by opening your scene JSON file with a text editor (e.g. Notepad++) and search&replace "MacGruber.LogicBricks.3:/" with...

Version 5 - Value Triggers

New Features
  • Added ValueTriggers that provide a value between 0 and 1. These can be used for various blend operations between value or color parameters using VaM's trigger system. A number of new bricks come with this: ValueRelay, ValueEaseIn, ValueEaseOut, ValueSmoothStep, ValueInvert, ValueRandom
  • New Blend and RandomBlend bricks, which are a variant of the Delay and RandomDelay. After Trigger was called, these provide a separate Start...

Just downloaded version 5. Same thing. Probably being a noob. Any VAM version requirements or dependencies?

@Rupert
  • Did you unpack the VAR? (Don't do that, VAR packages go into the AddonPackages folder)
  • Any error messages?
  • I only test my stuff with the newest non-beta VaM version available at release. But any VaM 1.20 should do.

LogicBlocks-error.png

@MacGruber No, I used the VAR and VAM 1.19.2.2

Hi MacGruber, i have a question regarding value triggers. I was using OmniTrigger to manipulate the scrubber of a Timeline animation via the distance of an atom to the one where the OmniTrigger is located. It's working really fine. :)

Now with the value-relay-brick, I use the OmniTrigger to change the value of that brick, so I can do more stuff with one distance-trigger.

Would it be possible with one of your LogicBricks to trigger an event when a certain value in the value-relay-brick is reached?
I'am stuck right now, and I don't want to go back to the Animation-Patterns.

Thanks in advance.

@MacGruber Thank you so much for this great plugin! I think along with @Acid Bubbles Timeline plugin this is one of the "essentials", which probably should be included in VaM by default. I cannot imagine creating a scene without those two plugins.

I do however have one or two ideas for the StateMachine, that you might want to consider in case you are still updating your plugin:

1. The possibility to transition into the same state. For example State1 should have an option to transition to State1. I am currently creating dummy states like "After1" just so I can transition from State1 to either State1 or State2.

2. A probability slider next to each transition state. By default this value would be of course 1/numTransitions as it is now. However, I think it would be a great additional value if there was a slider next to each transition state to adjust the probability:
State1 - 0.5
State2 - 0.25
State3 - 0.25
I thought a workaround could be adding states multiple times to the list, but this seems to be buggy. When I added State1 twice and State2 only a single time, testing it like 20-25 times always resulted in State1, which could be a coincidence, but is very unlikely. A workaround that does work is using RandomChoice instead of the built-in transitions feature, which is suboptimal.

Last edited:
@Virt-a-Dict:
Nr. 1 is an easy thing to add, I might add this with the next release in a few days. Actually I need to remove the feature of intentionally removing the same state :D
Nr. 2 is mostly an UI issue. Getting this in without overloading the UI so it's not usable by non-coders anymore, causing your to scroll endlessly because there are too many settings, etc. However, maybe I can add a tiny number field in the transition UI where you can enter like a relative percentage. Takes less space than a slider. It would certainly internally normalize, if numbers don't add up to 100%, just like IdlePoser is doing. It would be super annoying if the plugin would adjust all other number automatically for you or it stops working if the number don't add up, etc.

For a feature list of the upcoming version, check out the monthly report: https://www.patreon.com/posts/monthly-report-48009692

Version 6

Changelog
  • New ValueUpDown brick: This provides a value that ping-pongs between 0 and 1. You can smoothly adjust the speed and through triggers you can have it smoothly stop at exactly 0 or 1, causing a trigger signal you can connect to. This is obviously useful handjobs and similar animations where you want them to stop at a precise point to you can transition to some other animation...

This plugin is amazing. If I could make one request it would be to have a "Duplicate State" option.
My usual approach is to save the scene, open the JSON with Notepad++ and duplicate it there. Because that also allows you to make changes, it's WAY faster than any UI that could be build in VaM.

@Virt-a-Dict:
Nr. 1 is an easy thing to add, I might add this with the next release in a few days. Actually I need to remove the feature of intentionally removing the same state :D
Nr. 2 is mostly an UI issue. Getting this in without overloading the UI so it's not usable by non-coders anymore, causing your to scroll endlessly because there are too many settings, etc. However, maybe I can add a tiny number field in the transition UI where you can enter like a relative percentage. Takes less space than a slider. It would certainly internally normalize, if numbers don't add up to 100%, just like IdlePoser is doing. It would be super annoying if the plugin would adjust all other number automatically for you or it stops working if the number don't add up, etc.

For a feature list of the upcoming version, check out the monthly report: https://www.patreon.com/posts/monthly-report-48009692
Thank you!!

Hi, your plugins are very usefull.
I would like to make a simple actions, but don't know how to start or if logicbrick could help me :
- I have 2 hair preset for a person atom, on for helmet (asset) "ON" checked, and one for helmet "taken" out or "ON" uncheked (helmet asset has no collision, so I cannot use collision trigger)
So how to load the hair preset "helmet" when the helmet is "put" on the person head , or just set to "ON", and load the hair preset "no helmet" when it is taken out or set "OFF".
I think about 2 actions :
- checking a relative position of helmet to the head
- checking the helmet state

but I don't know how to start.
Can you point me to a direction or plugin to use ? (VUML / actiongrouper / logicbricks ?)
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom